SQ MixPad Custom Layers

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ MixPad Custom Layers

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bob
    Bob
    Participant

First post here,

I installed a SQ7 in a schools gym-itorium. Staff and students are operating the board, so I’m trying to make it as easy to use as possible. The booth is a pain to get to, so most of the mixing is done on an iPad. I’ve setup custom layers on the MixPad app to make accessing DCA’s, playback channels, and wireless channels simple.

But I notice, those custom layers are local to the device. So if a teacher comes in to mix on a computer, or the IT department uses a different iPad, these layers are not built.

Is there a work around for this?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I don’t my iPad handy to double check but look in the actual APP settings and see if there is an option for a custom layer to follow a layer on the mixer.

I know the QU series has that option so on the APP custom layer 1 will follow the custom layer that is set on the mixer.

Since every layer on the SQ is custom that option may not exist, I have never thought to check!

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

There are a few posts in this thread which should help – https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/mixpad-custom-layer#post-92102

In short though, the 6 online custom layers in SQ-MixPad when online are per-device but there is an option to copy desk layers to these.
    The layers shown in offline mode are those that you will see when the show is on the console itself.

So if you want everybody to be using the same custom layers, you could set up the custom layers in offline mode and push them to the desk, or just set them up on the desk, then you’ll just need to copy those layers out to any instance of SQ-MixPad (online).

Cheers,
    Keith.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.