SQ mixer preamp disabled on mixer

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ mixer preamp disabled on mixer

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz Søren Steinmetz 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ShabaK
    ShabaK
    Participant

My sq mixer preamp disables when I try to set it as a receiving mixer on the dante network. It can send signals on dante thought. What could be the issue. I have a version 1 dante card.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Your statement is confusing. Try to use the right terms. So what exactly is not working?

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Dante is a digital signal, so therefore you only have trim, and no gain.

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

Did you patch the Dante feed to your inputs, or just set it as a receiver in Dante Controller?

Profile photo of ShabaK
    ShabaK
    Participant

Sorry for the confusion, I have a Yamaha QL5 and RIO on a Dante network. The QL5 is the primary mixer. I Connected my SQ6 mixer on the same Dante network to receive audio from my Yamaha. When I set the Dante in the I/O Port setting in the SQ6 mixer, my pre-Amps get disabled and I don’t receive any signal. what could be the issue.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

As already mentioned, the patch changes to inputs without preamps. So there is nothing that gets disabled.

The preamp control is the responsibility of the Yamaha desk.
    And it is better to use Dante Controller as the routing device and not the QL.
    This makes it easier to see what’s going on in the Dante network.

Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz
    Søren Steinmetz
    Participant

As Steffen writes, to me it sounds like you did not patch the RiO to the SQ6 in Dante Controller ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.