SQ MADI card info

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ MADI card info

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Superorko Superorko 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Superorko
    Superorko
    Participant

Hi there! I’ve recently noticed that a SQ madi card is now available on the website but I can’t find infos on price and when it is going to be available.
    I have a few questions about it: what would be the round trip latency on the madi? can it be used inserting Plug ins on channels? do you need 2 cables to run 32 channels at 96 khz?

I was really waiting for madi to come on the SQ series!! Weldone A&H! Hopefully it is not gonna break the bank!!

AH!

Profile photo of iLLusionistX
    iLLusionistX
    Participant

Same here…I saw a couple of sites list it at $699 and slated to come out sometime this month. This development is making my RME madi FX card really excited!

Superorko
    Participant

same for me! I have the same RME madi Fx card in the studio and I cannot wait to hook it up with the Sq5 for more channel count but I am very curious about the insert, cause that would be huge!

Superorko
    Participant

maybe Keith could clarify??

Profile photo of iLLusionistX
    iLLusionistX
    Participant

I’ve been watching videos on the routing and inserts using the Dante card. I’m going to assume most of the functionality works the same with respect to recording\routing\patching which is what I’m hoping for.

I’m looking to replace my madi box and an analog summing box…the SQ-5 checks all the boxes as long as it can support Madi. A&H for the win? Let’s hope!

Superorko
    Participant

No news by any of the A&H people? Let us know! pls! 🙂

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

best to read the manual of the dlive or avantis.

There is the madi card explaned, also patching.

Richard

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi guys,

So @illusionistx is correct in assuming the patching works in the same way as with any other SQ option card.
    Effectively you are patching the SQ core to the I/O Port and further patching can then be carried out if where available (e.g. Dante Controller or Waves SoundGrid).

There are a few unique things with the MADI card however:
    – The ‘Setup > Audio > I/O Port’ screen provides access to Sample Rate, Sync Source, Redundancy, Word Clock mode (in/out) and ‘Ignore’ error options.
    – Channel Count, Signal, Clock, Lock and ‘Stream OK’ information for each input link is displayed in the same page.
    – To clock to the MADI card, you should first select the Sync Source from Word Clock, Link 1 or Link 2 (and set Word Clock to IN if you are using this as the clock source) before selecting ‘I/O Port’ in the ‘Setup > Audio > Audio Sync’ screen.

To answer some of the questions in the OP:
    – We are now shipping, so for pricing and availability please contact your local distributor ( https://www.allen-heath.com/where-to-buy/ )
    – Roundtrip latency will depend almost entirely on what you are connecting to/from and what you’re doing with the signal.
    – All inserts on the SQ are freely patchable and can therefore be used with any input/output sockets, including I/O Port options.
    – The MADI card is 64×64 channels. At 48kHz, you have up to 64 channels on each input or output link, using a 96kHz option the maximum is 32 channels for each link, which could be 1-32 and 33-64 (non-redundant) or 1-32 and 1-32 (redundant).

Oh, and you need firmware V1.5.2 (which has just been released 🙂 ) or later.

Hope this helps!
    Keith.

Superorko
    Participant

thanks a lot this clarify a lot!!

Take care!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.