Recalling a saved Channel in its entirety

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis feature suggestions Recalling a saved Channel in its entirety

This topic contains 15 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Flo84 Flo84 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

We save channels to the channel library in order to reuse them in their entirety.
    Saved channels are problematic in the sense that all is not saved and the channel name is not easily recovered.
    Channels, for our workflow, represent one of many specific vocalist or instruments. To swap out a vocalist channel for another, the channel strip is highlighted, and the channel library is opened. The replacement channel is selected, but “the name of the channel does not replace the existing highlighted channel” to be replaced. The user has to retype the channel name that is replacing the highlighted channel, otherwise, you have a new channel replaced in the strip with the replaced (old) channels name. If you would make the channel name sticky (or option for sticky name), then this would not be necessary. In addition, the D-Pack tools, such as the Dyn-8 settings are not saved with the channel in the channel library. Neither is the aux out fader setting associated with the channel. Very much prone to user error.

Profile photo of CameronProAudio
    CameronProAudio
    Participant

I made this same basic request as well. I’ve been using Avid desks for over a decade and when recalling a channel, all aspects are recalled including routing to various busses (monitor auxes, fx sends, groups, DCAs, etc) along with the name. It’s very frustrating that such a logical feature is missing from these desks. I can setup a show from scratch with an Avid desk and my channel presets in a couple of minutes before soundcheck once I have the input list. With Avantis, I takes 10x longer…

CameronProAudio
    Participant
    Profile photo of Yvo
    Yvo
    Participant

I’d like this too.

Profile photo of KnobbyD
    KnobbyD
    Participant

I too was a long time avid user who converted and was very surprised to not be able to save and store all of a channel’s info as well as copy and paste.

Profile photo of Chris Irwin
    Chris Irwin
    Participant

+1 I would like the name to recall. And the dPack inserts (dyn8, de-Esser, etc). Those are part of the channel.

I sometimes don’t want the auxes to recall (though sometimes I do), maybe some of these things could be set as a “filter” that chooses whether or not to recall it, just like the preamp currently is. And then by default have everything set to recall (having to toggle on the preamp setting every time I turn on the console drives me crazy!).

Profile photo of Tatsuya Nakamura
    Tatsuya Nakamura
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of SamZ.
    SamZ.
    Participant

+1. I don’t actually necessarily care too much about name/color, but other parameters like routing would be very very (very) useful.

Profile photo of AntiochPHX-TD
    AntiochPHX-TD
    Participant

+1, especially being able to select what is recalled

Profile photo of Frosty
    Frosty
    Participant

+1 – YES PLEASE! – Would be good if the routing was stored and recalled from the channel library (like most desks I know!)

Profile photo of Chris Irwin
    Chris Irwin
    Participant

I just started a new thread on this named “Channel Presets” forgetting that I had commented on this thread a year ago. It’s clearly still an issue.

Profile photo of Nathan
    Nathan
    Participant

+1 I came to the forums hoping for an answer to this problem, but count me in as well.

We use the library for drum channels.Faders and sends are an important part of the sound from one drummer to another, and makes it MUCH faster to recall a given player for the weekend.

Profile photo of Yoely
    Yoely
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of glparke
    glparke
    Participant

+1 from me as well on this.

CameronProAudio
    Participant

I made a video yesterday of how fast I can set up a show on an old Avid Venue. A&H product manager folks, if you have not ever worked on a Venue and used this feature, I highly suggest you rent one for a few days and see what a difference it makes and workflow to have this capability. https://youtu.be/orX6jssSk3Y?si=DK_0iGIKC_SHr2Vs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.