SQ iPhone monitoring app?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ iPhone monitoring app?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lee
    Lee
    Participant

Hello gang, does anyone know if there is a iPhone/android app in the works to control personal monitors for the SQ series? (something similar to the Qu-You app?)

We just purchased a new SQ6 for our church and were given the impression that the Qu-You app would work. We unboxed the mixer last night and gave it a try; but unfortunately it failed to connect. At this point, I’m assuming we were misinformed.

I know there is a iPad app called SQ MixPad, but this seems more like a tool for the sound tech and not for the musicians. (we weren’t able to try it since our new iPad hasn’t arrived yet…)

We purchased 3 Me-1 stations and were expecting to supplement with an additional 5 monitors mixes controlled via an app to replace our aging Aviom system. (We need a total of 8 monitor mixes) Our musicians are used to mixing their own monitors and don’t want to rely upon someone else mixing their monitors from the FoH. We currently can’t afford to purchase additional Me stations and are looking for suggestions.

Should we return the SQ6 for an older board with more functionality such as the Qu series or GLD, or even a M32 or x32?

Any help would be appreciated.

Lee

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

at this point there is no personal monitoring app for SQ abailable

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Lee,

I can confirm that the personal monitoring app is in the works, and subject to testing, isn’t too far off. The confusion with the Qu-You app is probably because they will be very similar in functionality (Qu-You is well respected as one of the best personal monitoring apps out, so it would be silly to completely change for SQ!), perhaps the person who gave you the misinformation knew something about this.

Hope this helps.

Keith.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Good news Keith. I’m installing an SQ6 soon. The first thing the church was asking me about was MEs for some and iPhone mixing for others on stage. I told them I was sure it would be coming.

Profile photo of Lee
    Lee
    Participant

Thank you Keith, I really appreciate the response! I’ve heard a lot of great things about the Qu-You app and I’m looking forward to using the Sq-you(?) app when its released, with my new SQ6.

Thanks again!

Lee

Profile photo of Darkmutton
    Darkmutton
    Participant

It took me ages to get one of my bands to use this app, they don’t like change! After 1 gig though they were hooked after finding out how easy it is to use. Now they are reluctant to let me get an SQ until the apps ready. I’m looking at end of this month for the new desk so pleased I won’t be without the app for long.

Profile photo of julius
    julius
    Participant

Hey Keith,

can you estimate what “isn’t too far off” means? Dimensions of days? weeks? months? For me it’s critical for the decision…

Thx alot

Julius

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Would like to share a little story I heard the other day. I share this with potential console customers when asked about personal monitoring.
    Guy I know had a friend that was the worship leader at a big church. They got all excited about getting a dig board and having the opportunity to have personal mixing ability. They jumped on it. I’m not sure if it was mixers like ME’s or apps on phones. Soon after implementing this the director noticed something. The players were spending most of their time tweaking. Between every song they were adjusting. Even during songs like the drummer would play with one stick while diddlesticking with the mixer. They lost their focus on the music and performance. He asked them to cut back or stop. They didn’t. He threatened the church that he would resign. It was decided to take it all out and go back to wedges and console aux mixes. He got his band back. Just food for thought. I’m not advocating to that extreme. Just be careful how you use this technology.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.