SQ Internal Network vs SQ Dante network settings

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ Internal Network vs SQ Dante network settings

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Adethefade Adethefade 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Adethefade
    Adethefade
    Participant

Hi all.

I’m using an SQ6 with three DT168s plus a Mac (running Dante Virtual Soundcard). The entire Dante network is set up using Dante controller, with primary & secondary networks. All Dante devices have static IP addresses, including the SQ6 via its SQ Dante expansion card. Everything works fine. Aside from all that I would like to use SQ Mixpad on an iPad to control the SQ6. I have a wireless router connected to the network port of the console.

My question is: regarding the internal network settings of the SQ (network setup page), am I right in assuming that this is entirely independent of the Dante network, and that I can use DHCP here without compromising anything Dante related?

Many thanks

Adrian

Profile photo of mfusa
    mfusa
    Participant

The SQ apps work over the management network port. Totally separate from anything on the expansion card side i.e. Dante (at least as far as I know)

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

It depends on how you have the console’s network bridge set up. In the SQ menu, go to Settings/Audio/IO port. There is an option to “bridge” the control ports together. You will want to make sure this option is NOT enabled.

https://www.allen-heath.com/content/uploads/2023/06/M-SQ-SDANTE_fitting_note_AP11431_Iss2.pdf

Profile photo of Adethefade
    Adethefade
    Participant

Many thanks. I suspected as much but needed some confirmation.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.