SQ I/O Stereo Coupling can't change with Scenes

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ I/O Stereo Coupling can't change with Scenes

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tobi Tobi 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

Hi Folks,

I’ve noticed that when I do stereo coupling (not Ganging) with any pair of Input or Mix channels that this coupling doesn’t track through scenes, meaning that if I have one scene that has, for example, Inputs 5 and 6 paired, but in another scene I’d need Inputs 5 and 6 separated, the stereo coupling doesn’t change from scene to scene. There doesn’t appear to be any Global settings or Safes for this.
    I’m working at a venue that has different configurations that need to be called up a few times a week. If this behavior of Stereo coupling is intentional, and the scenes aren’t changing the stereo coupling, should I be saving the different configurations as Shows instead of Scenes?

Profile photo of Phil Driscoll
    Phil Driscoll
    Participant

Stereo channel configuration is stored in shows and can’t be varied from scene to scene.

Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz
    Søren Steinmetz
    Participant

As Phil said.

One way could be to have 2-3 stereo sets eg at IP 41/42, 43/44, 45/46, 47/48
    Then in the scenes you need a stereo IP, you just have that on the surface.
    You can save the patch and have both 5 + 6 use the same inputs as eg 41/42

Profile photo of Ahren
    Ahren
    Participant

Dang that’s sad it cant change in scenes. Just gang it.

Profile photo of Alec
    Alec
    Participant

It is a major irritation, particularly in small shared venues.

You might do well to follow this change request, where discussion is a little more positive than the usual “you can’t, just use shows, or gang channels” – neither of which are brilliant workarounds.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

I have a new SQ-5. Can I use scene from my Avantis to populate my new SQ-5 or do I have to build from scratch? Both have DEEP processing and Rack effects.
    If I can, what are the conditions to allow this to occur?

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

Hi Scott,
    Just try and let us know.

Best Regards,
    Tobias

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.