SQ Drive recording Stereo Main L/R and Multitrack simultaneously

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ Drive recording Stereo Main L/R and Multitrack simultaneously

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Adethefade Adethefade 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Some1else
    Some1else
    Participant

Hi Folks,

Is it possible to simultaneously record a Multitrack (Channelinput via the tielines from SQ-Link to the SQ-Drive) and the Main L/R Output Mix as Stereo (also to the SQ-Drive)?

Kind regards

Andy

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Yes, you can simultaneously record inputs and outputs to USB.Remember you can record a maximum of 32 sources to USB. If you want to record your Main LR, you still can record 30 channels.
    Go to I/O, where, click on USB in the top row (these are your outputs). On the left side of the screen you can find tielines, outputs and inputs. Simply patch here, what you want to record.

Hope that helps
    André

Some1else
    Participant

Hi Andre, thanks for your quick response. Thats exactly what i did.
    But when I next try to select a folder for the stereo records/play, it says no files!?

What I want to have is a stereo sample (file) for the whole band (the processed sound which I send to the PA ) and a Multitrack (unprocessed)

Hope you understand what I mean

Regards from Germany

Andy

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

If your recording in multitrack mode all the files will be in the multitrack folder.
    You will need to pull the two track files that the main LR mix was assigned to.

Some1else
    Participant

Thank for your input. So the processed Stereo Record is not stored in the Stereo Folder.

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

That is correct. As Mike said: check your USBMTK (multitrack folder). Then you simply import the 2 Main LR Wav files into your DAW, Pan hard left and hard right, done.

Profile photo of hellograndband
    hellograndband
    Participant

Hi, when I want to multitrack record, the system shows Ch1 & Ch2 as Main out. So I can record multitrack only from Ch3 on – does anyone has this issue too an knows how to fix? (SQ5)

Profile photo of SQuser
    SQuser
    Participant

Under “I/O – Outputs – IP Direct Outputs -> USB” you can patch your inputs so that they start with your Ch1.

Profile photo of Adethefade
    Adethefade
    Participant

I often record MT plus stereo outputs. I would only add that the quality and performance of the SSD drive that you use matters.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.