SQ-6 Stero IEM issues

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ-6 Stero IEM issues

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SQuser SQuser 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tatr
    Tatr
    Participant

Hello all, New guy here. I am in the process of setting up Stereo IEM’s for my church. I found a video on YouTube explaining how to configure the SQ-6 for Stereo. After completing this I have the pan option now (Using SQ4U) The problem I am having is when I pan left nothing changes, The sound stays centered and volume stay the same. However, when I pan right, the volume slow fades out till 0 when at hard right. I am not an audio Guru but I am learning, so I am sure there are some obvious details that are needed to help me that I am forgetting to put in. If that is the case please let me know and I will find those answers. does anyone have any pointers or know what causes this? Thank you for any help. Last detail, This system worked great in Mono using a single out (1) on the Digital snake, I added an additional out (2) from the Digital snake then Setup the I/O to use 1 and 2. I hope this is making since. Again thank you all.

Profile photo of Adethefade
    Adethefade
    Participant

Sorry if it’s a daft question but you have the relevant auxes set up as stereo, yes? And of course there’d need to be left & right XLRs connecting from the console/stage-box to the IEM preamps, plus some IEM systems have a mono/stereo setting.

Profile photo of Tatr
    Tatr
    Participant

AS far as I am concerned there are no daft questions. I know I have 2 XLRs coming to the IEM preamp. I will have to check and see if the system has a stereo/mono setting when I get back to the system…………I know I set Aux1 to stereo and confirmed, I think I left Aux2 Mono but i need to confirm. That would explain it, I guess by default Mono is left. Thank you for the questions. I will report back if this corrects the issue.

Profile photo of Adethefade
    Adethefade
    Participant

Don’t forget you can internally patch your mono aux to the two XLR outputs: it’s not stereo, but you’d get the mono signal in both IEM channels.

Profile photo of Tatr
    Tatr
    Participant

If I did the internal patch of a mono channel, will I be able to pan the individual instruments? I am just trying to spread the mix out to get a little more clarity.

Profile photo of SQuser
    SQuser
    Participant

Of course, you can pan any channel you send to a Stereo Aux or the Main.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.