SQ-6 Master fader no longer working, moving/linked

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ-6 Master fader no longer working, moving/linked

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brian Brian 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ant
    Ant
    Participant

I’m very new to Allen & Heath products and the SQ-6 and over the summer someone managed to unlink the master fader from the MainLR and the master no longer does anything when moved. I have no idea how it was done but after that happened the LR-mix selection button is now always lit up but clicking it does nothing.

Any help is appreciated!

Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Participant

Sounds like the master fader role is set to monitor mode. Is the select button Led red instead of blue?

I’m not at a console right now, but in MixPad it is in

Setup / Mixer Config / Role

there you can select between “Mix Master” (that’s what you want)
    and “Listen Level”.

“Listen Level” means the fader will control the PAFL (=headphones) volume.
    Very practical when you’re doing monitors for example.

Hope it helps!

Profile photo of Ant
    Ant
    Participant

Yes! thank you, the select button was red and once I swapped it to Mix master it turned blue. Although I can’t remember is it always lit up?

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Yes! thank you, the select button was red and once I swapped it to Mix master it turned blue. Although I can’t remember is it always lit up?

The blue light represents which “mix/buss” is currently being controlled. If you are controlling/mixing the main LR mix, then its select button will be blue. If you change to another buss/mix, the select button of that buss/mix will be blue, and the main LR “select” button will not not be lit up.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.