Sq-6 faders glitching

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Sq-6 faders glitching

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rafael A&H Rafael A&H 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SoundGuy4u
    SoundGuy4u
    Participant

Good evening all.

I’m hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Our worship leader got to church tonight and turned the sound board on. The faders began moving up and down (fast) on their own. He was somehow able to get that to stop. Now, he has an issue where audio will not play through the mains unless you push the master fader past unity. There is signal on the board.

Any help is very much appreciated!

SoundGuy4u
    Participant

For some reason I can’t add the videos I have to show you what’s happening.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I guess this indicates a dirty/broken fader and, I’m afraid, you need to replace it.

SoundGuy4u
    Participant

Steffen,

Thank you for the reply. I don’t know if that’s the issue. It seems more like a glitch. Why would the faders start moving up and down with no interaction from the user. Also, from what I was told, he got the faders to stop by turning the board on and off again. Then, he had a different issue with the master fader not playing audio unless he passed 0. It was almost like an extremely hard gate was on it. I’ll be taking a look in the morning but wanted to gather any ideas I could before going in.

Thanks again.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Is there any remote control setup (iPad apps, etc)? If so, disconnect the network cable from the back of the console, and see if the problem persists.

Profile photo of SirB
    SirB
    Participant

Hi

Was anyone been able to find the actual cause of this issue as that Soundguy4u talked about. We came in to use our unit and had the same glitch. It doesn’t seem to be affecting the actual sound on mobile app. Turn unit off and on and seem to stop for a while but came back.

Thanks

Profile photo of Rafael A&H
    Rafael A&H

Hello SirB,

Please make sure that your unit is on the latest firmware upgrade.
    If not, kindly do the upgrade. (You can download the files from our website)

If this doesn’t solve your issue, then please submit a ticket at our support centre and I’ll be happy to follow this up.

Support

Thank you,
    Rafael

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.