Solo single S-Link limitation.

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions Solo single S-Link limitation.

This topic contains 19 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brian Brian 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

Brian, the possible need for an IEM protocol for my live SR activities would be a courtesy consideration for a few of the better Bluegrass bands that rely upon them. I greatly prefer my carefully prepared EX10 wedge to any Individual “More Me” system for my live gigs.
    The waves card I now have in my SQ5 is using tie lines to deliver pre only capture to my Digigrid/Waves system. I have developed a highly productive layered recording protocol that is centered around a custom tailored HP cue mix from the SQ5 that is not printed on the recording. In the event a band capture is occurring, only the session leader gets a cue mix. The band must listen to each other, with out electronic assistance, to render the best possible performance. An IEM protocol is not needed or wanted for my studio recordings but the waves card connection is essential.
    I will be adding 16 more pre-amps to my DX32 and selling my DX168. Either primes or the much less expensive M-AIN analog version or a combination of both will give me 24 ins and 8 outs. It will totally depend on the quality of the M-AIN bank of 8 analog pre-amps. I have asked A&H support for the specific origin of the 8 pre analog bank: If they are the same as my DX168 D-Live or the Digico “D” pres in my Waves/Digigrid system I will go all analog, but at this point A&H is not talking.
    Hugh

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Hugh, as you have a tendency to do, you have posted a bunch of useless information about your situation that really doesn’t matter and no one really cares about, while failing to share the information we need to help you. I still don’t know if you need to use the Waves card AND the ME system together in a live (ie non-studio) situation. It’s very possible that you consider the Waves card to be a “studio only” tool (although that would be very short sighted of you) and you just assume we all somehow “know” that you would never use the ME system and the Waves card at the same event, even though you have never specifically said this. Here is my final explanation and it is quite simple……

– If you will have a situation where you need to use your Waves card AND the ME system at the same time, you’ll need to purchase a GX4816.

– If you never need to use both the Waves card and the ME system at the same time, then you can purchase a SLink I/O card for the SQ and swap out the Waves card for those situations where you need to use the ME system without the Waves card.

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

Contained within the “Bunch of useless Information” that, in your opinion, really doesn’t matter and no one cares about is the following info;

1) The Avantis requires a $2,500. V3 version of Waves card that at this point is 9 months away from availability: pursuant to Waves in Knoxville, TN: this uncertainty is a big deal for Waves owners world wide. Using FPGA processing in an A&H desk is an ideal front end capture that can provide custom artist cueing for anyone running a Waves LV1 Studio recording system.
    2) IMO, A solo with the D-Live FX package doesn’t have a pressing live performance need for waves plug ins and that apparently is the primary additional function of the V3 waves card when it becomes available.
    3) The number of potential desk buyers that will never need more that 24 inputs and 8 outputs is not a known number, however given the amount of live gig interest in these threads my guess is it is greater that the large channel count practitioners. I seldom ever use more that 8 channels in or out so why purchase and carry a 48/16 capacity when my DX32 can offer 24/16.
    4) You delineated two plausible alternatives for the “More me” IEM folks in your first post in this thread. Since my interest in these protocols was more of a casual courtesy than a high priority I am very comfortable leaving the A&H IEM protocol on the table and pursuing one of those options when they are needed

Brian, be very careful assuming an infallible attitude pursuant your well read advice: we all walk is shoes that may or may not fit your feet.
    Hugh

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Hugh, again, your posts are filled with wrong assumptions and senseless statements with no relevance.
    Brian, I’m with you.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

(EDIT – my original post disappeared when I tried to edit it. This post should have appeared between Hugh’s last post and SteffenR’s post above).

You are unbelievable Hugh.

Your first post said, “HOWEVER at this point I do not need the additional channel capacity or bus structure but some of my clients do use IEMs and the ability for them to individually manage their monitoring is a big deal.” and “Will a DX hub facilitate the ability to deploy the 4U IEM monitoring protocol.”

This ENTIRE THREAD has been about setting up a system that would work with both Waves AND ME because adding the ME system is the “hard” part whether you are using the Avantis or SQ system. Now at the very end you actually have the audacity to say that you don’t care about using ME?

I’ve said it before and you have just reconfirmed my feelings about you….. If there was a block feature on this forum, you would be the only person I would be interested in blocking. I don’t know why I wasted my time trying to help you.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.