Optional input switch to SD when playing multitrack

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ feature suggestions Optional input switch to SD when playing multitrack

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ABeginner ABeginner 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Casa
    Casa
    Participant

Happy user here. The CQ18T usability is awesome!

Use case: Record and replay multitracks right away using the CQ18T like a tape player.

It would be very nice to have an option to automatically switch the recorded channels to SD when pressing play and to switch to analog input when pressing record. This would avoid having to go back to the config menu, select the inputs and configure them every time one goes from record to playback.

Definitely not something for all multitrack record/play use cases hence the need for an system option.

Thanks for listening.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

You could just create a scene for that purpose?

Profile photo of Casa
    Casa
    Participant

I could. But it would still require multiple steps to switch from one scene to the other.
    I am using Soft Key 1 for Multi track record/stop and Soft Key 2 for Playback/Pause. Recording and Play would be one key press away with the option to switch inputs from analog to SD and back.

Profile photo of ABeginner
    ABeginner
    Participant

+1
    Actually missed this post when I posted a similar but more detailed suggestion here: https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/input-source-setting-for-multitrack-playback

Sorry for the double post!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.