Simple but possibly dumb question..

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Simple but possibly dumb question..

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 7 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SCF
    SCF
    Participant

Is it possible for me to simply plug in my in iem’s to the outputs on the AR2412 or do I really need headphone amplifiers? Thanks in advance

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Don’t think it will damage your AR2412 but doubt their outputs provide enough power to drive a low impedance acoustic driver. And obviously you’ll need some transformer to adapt the symmetrical XLR output to an asymmetric signal required by the usual mini TRS.

Profile photo of SCF
    SCF
    Participant

Thanks- I’m just trying to simplify our system…

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Amps are needed, sorry.

Sometimes think it would be nice to have an AR2412+ with them built in and switchable, but that’s very risky in terms of plugging anything else in…

Profile photo of PEJ
    PEJ
    Participant

I am late to respond, but I would like to continue the conversation. I ended up using a number of Rolls PM50s. We have setup a 10 person band weekly and have it down to less than 15 minutes. Everything, except instruments, is on a chromed wire shelving unit on wheels. For the IEMs I ran the cable and a long power wire along with the mic cable in braided loom. It coils up tangle free. I brought the 12v power wires together and source them from one 12v supply brick.
    What I want for four vocalists is one multi-channel headphone amp, but most are setup for one stereo input rather than 4 or 8 separate mix channels. Does anyone have a good solution?

Peter

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Something like these:
    Millenium HP4
    Samson S-Phone
    LD Systems HPA 6
    ART Headamp 6
    more to find…
    (not judging quality here…)

some models need to be fed through a stereo TRS aux input to obtain individual headphone signals, so you’ll need something like this to feed them through the mix outs.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

And don’t forget bodypacks – Local physical volume control…

And conversion from xlr to 3.5mm

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.