Show Mouse Cursor

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions Show Mouse Cursor

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris Chris 5 days, 20 hours ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jpratchett
    Jpratchett
    Participant

Running full size Avantis V1.3

Is there a way to show the mouse cursor when you have a keyboard and mouse plugged in?
    The mouse works fine, you just cant see the cursor 🙁

Thanks

Jon

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

A mouse makes no sense on a touch optimized system.
    Maybe you should buy a Mac? No touch!

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

Steffen, you are wrong.

Best Regards,
    Tobias

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

In order to see the cursor when a mouse is plugged in, the cursor would be visible all the time – even when a mouse wasn’t plugged in. Obviously for normal touch screen use, this would be annoying for most users.

It will require A&H adding a “cursor” setting that would allow a user to turn the cursor’s visibility on/off.

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

?????

Really — you don’t think it woulbe be possible for a computer to automatically show a Mouse Cursor when a mouse is plugged in and not if it is not plugged in???

I don’t know what to say…

PS: I also would not need mouse control for a console, but its not a technical impossibility :-///

Profile photo of Connor
    Connor
    Participant

@jpratchett, I have actually put something similar on the future suggestions forum (https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/usb-mouse-connectivity-plugin-host)

Interesting fact, if you don’t shut down Avantis correctly, it’ll boot the the “Avantis not shut down correctly” page, and you get a mouse cursor!

Profile photo of Brent H.
    Brent H.
    Participant

I can’t confirm, but with dLive, I believe a cursor is shown when you plug in a mouse. Am I dreaming that up?

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

I vaguely remember something about how the cursor would show on dlive, but it was limited to one screen?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.