Sharing inserts between two separate dLives?

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Sharing inserts between two separate dLives?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Kelson Kelson 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kelson
    Kelson
    Participant

Hello all,
    I’m very new to Allen and Heath. I’ll briefly explain our church’s set-up and what we’d like to do. We have a FOH dLive where all of the inputs are sent to. They are then Dante’d to our broadcast console. We have a Waves server rack back in broadcast where a few of the lead vocal mics are tuned using plug-ins. Is it possible for the FOH console to have access to those inserts, or entire channels possibly, from the broadcast console? We have plans on getting a separate server for FOH but I wondered if there was a quick stop-gap we could use in the meantime or if that would even be necessary. Thank you!

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

You should be able to use tie lines to “connect” the Broadcast Waves server I/O to the FOH console through the Dante I/O cards. These tie lines will be set up/routed on the Broadcast console.

For example, if you want to use use Broadcast Waves I/O channel 10 on the FOH mixer, you would use the tie line routing on the Broadcast console to route the Broadcast Waves I/O card channel 10 to the Broadcast Dante I/O card channel 100 (or whatever channel you wanted that was above the normal input routing from the FOH to broadcast console). You obviously need to make sure the routing between the FOH Dante card and the Broadcast Dante card is also set up correctly in Dante Controller. Then on the FOH console, you would simply insert FOH Dante I/O card channel 100 (assuming 1 to 1 routing between cards in Dante Controller) as your insert to the channel that you wanted to add the FX to.

Hopefully that makes sense. Using tielines does not use up any processing in the consoles (so those channels don’t need to be assigned on the board and they don’t count towards the available input count).

Profile photo of Kelson
    Kelson
    Participant

Thank you so much Brian. I’ll relay your response to the rest of the team and dig a little deeper in that direction!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.