Scenes don’t seem to store and recall stereo input configs

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ troubleshooting Scenes don’t seem to store and recall stereo input configs

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Foobart Foobart 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Foobart
    Foobart
    Participant

Hi all,

I use my CQ18-T in a rehearsal room with two different bands. In one of witch the bassplayer is connected via a stereo pair of inputs, in the other band the bass plays mono. If I use scenes to switch between bands, then the input configuration for the stereo-linked inputs in one scene doesn’t change into a mono input in the other, but remains a stereo pair. I had to resort to saving and recalling whole shows for each band in order to get this to work. Is anyone familiar with this behavior? Any suggestions are appreciated!

Kind regards,
    Bart

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

There are certainly more “foundational” settings that are stored in the show file and not in the scene files. Defining pairs of inputs as “stereo channels” is one such foundational setting. You should consider each band a different “show”, which is really is.

PS – while I haven’t used the CQ system yet, changing stereo pairs in other A&H systems is an audio breaking change. This is likely one of the reasons they have it as a show file setting and not a scene file setting. You really shouldn’t be changing that during a live performance which is what scenes are for.

PSS – This is covered on page 26 of the CQ-18 user guide.
    https://www.allen-heath.com/content/uploads/2023/09/CQ_User_Guide_V1_1_0_iss1.pdf

Profile photo of Foobart
    Foobart
    Participant

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your excellent reply. I understand it now.

Bart

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.