Scene reverts to first scene on startup

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Scene reverts to first scene on startup

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KenM KenM 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of KenM
    KenM
    Participant

I find it annoying that upon startup the scene reverts to #1. Is there a setting somewhere to startup on the last scene used? Even if I save the scene before closing it still reverts to #1.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi @kenm ,

The SQ will boot in the same state in which it was shut down, unless you have a User Scene set to be recalled at login within the User Permissions preferences (https://www.allen-heath.com/media/SQ_ReferenceGuide_V1_3_0.pdf#page=68).

The SQ is only ever in one state at a time, and scenes allow you to store and recall a state. The best way I can think of to describe it, is that a recall replaces the current state with the information from the selected scene, so unlike with a saved file on a computer say, you are never actually ‘in’ a scene.
    What I think you might be referring to here is that on boot, the ‘Next:’ scene would be showing the ‘Scene 1’ because at that point you have not yet recalled a scene, so ‘Scene 1’ would logically be the next scene in the list.

Hopefully I’ve not made it more confusing!
    Keith.

Profile photo of KenM
    KenM
    Participant

Thanks Keith, I see what you are saying. The scene does not revert. What does happen is scene #1 is highlighted upon startup. I was thinking that the last scene I was using would be highlighted. That would make more sense to me. That way just hit the save button and current scene is saved.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.