Remote WiFi and the internet

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Remote WiFi and the internet

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mrvoltz Mrvoltz 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mrvoltz
    Mrvoltz
    Participant

Has anyone tried hooking the router they use for remote to the internet? And do you know if there is any reason you couldn’t or shouldn’t do this?
    I ask because I also play Bass sometimes and need internet access to download sheet music but really like to keep a finger on my channel (not all sound tech watch for hand signals mid practice) and I sometimes need to tweak something.
    Access to this router is limited and would not cause traffic issues that I can see.

Thanks in advance.
    Dave

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I generally don’t put Internet on systems I install. I would think you could get your lead sheets prior to a show unless you’re taking requests. No real huge reason other than I just try to limit traffic.

Profile photo of JLD
    JLD
    Participant

We have the mixer and the remote on the same network as everything else at the church and it is working. We do not share the wificode to everyone.

Profile photo of Mrvoltz
    Mrvoltz
    Participant

Thanks for your input guys, this network is very limited, only 2 or 3 people on this router at most so traffic is very limited.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.