Remote Splitter Box With 1/4" Inputs?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Remote Splitter Box With 1/4" Inputs?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of turnstile
    turnstile
    Participant

Is there anything on the market that could be used with the QU (dSNAKE) that has 1/4″ or Combo input jacks? It seems everything A&H offers is all XLR. I have a studio synth rig with 24 channels of outputs that I’d like to use with it (w/o the need of many DI’s)

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

If they are balanced inputs then a simple cable will do the job – XLR to TRS jack…

If they aren’t then a simple cable will do the job, you just will be subject to the same interference on the cable as you would have been anyway – the XLR inputs will take an unbalanced input – at least they aren’t carrying it to the mixer unbalanced, it’s digitised for that link…

Profile photo of turnstile
    turnstile
    Participant

Thanks, they are a mix of balanced and unbalanced. I was just trying to avoid additional cabling, adapters, etc.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

How are the outputs presented? If they are sockets (which I’d expect) then you’re replacing cables, so no more anywhere other than your storage cupboard..

A set of adaptors (rig might well have cables as the output) or cables (if it has sockets as outputs) should be a clean enough solution in a studio.

Profile photo of DavidCo
    DavidCo
    Participant

A 1/4″ TRS jack to XLR male loom would be the most appropriate solution here, assuming the jack sockets are located together.

DC

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I hope the link is working

thats the solution from my cable dealer

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

That works, and would work…

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Woodwork will never solve this problem – you need something that conducts electricity. 😀

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

You need more electricity, then most things conduct it 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.