Recording distorted

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions Recording distorted

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mark Oakley Mark Oakley 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Pogjack
    Pogjack
    Participant

Church recording to Tricaster. I am sending a matrix signal of my main mix out of the idr64 to media Guy’s Tricaster which sends to ustream live and records for later viewing. I have been having major distortion problems online and recording but not on the mix going out. Also, an aux mix out from idr64 is going to a shure in ear monitor transmitter, but the levels have to be very low or it over drives the transmitter.

Are the outputs on the idr64 very hot. I thought about using our MMO card and adating to media guy for a better signal. Thanks to any help.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

No, the iDR outputs are rather cold. I have to drive at least +3 dB to get to 0 on Shure PSM-900. Make sure input sensitivity is correct on your devices past iDR.

ddff

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Tricaster inputs have to be on Line level… make shure there are not on Mic level
    same for IEM transmitters

Profile photo of Pogjack
    Pogjack
    Participant

So are the outputs of the IDR line or mic outputs.
    Read somewhere where they had to put a mic barrel attenuator (-15 to -20) on it to not have the tricaster distort.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

iDR outputs are line level. If your device accepts only mic input, sure you’ll need the attenuator.

ddff

Profile photo of Mark Oakley
    Mark Oakley
    Participant

iDR outputs are line level. If your device accepts only mic input, sure you’ll need the attenuator.

Or just pull the level down to around -24db. I do this with video guys whos’ devices only accept mic level and it works fine.

-Mark

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.