Recall filter problem

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Recall filter problem

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Wolfgang Wolfgang 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

At this point i would like to draw your attention to the recall filters.

Example:
    I use FX scenes for my work.
    I use the recall filters and normally only unlock the corresponding FX-units there. everything else remains blocked.

Now I’ve discovered a problem:
    when i connect a DX168, the console forgets the recall filters for some inputs.
    That has already brought me two times violent feedbacks when I called a FX scene! 🙁

If you rarely work with DX-expanders, you have to check all recall filters after connecting the DX!

And you have to do that after the DX device has removed it again. Because the recall-filter sometimes forgets around like this that it should block inputs.

I have already sent this observation to A&H, but apparently there is no solution.
    So you have to check again and again if all FX scenes still have the correct recall filter settings!

Profile photo of Jack_AH
    Jack_AH

Hi Wolfgang,

Just adding a note here for completeness for other users.

Preamp parameters (48v, PAD, and Gain) are tied to the socket, not to the input. This is because one socket can be assigned to multiple input channels. This does not just apply to DX boxes, but any time you change the source for a channel, the recall filter settings will remain those of the socket, not the input channel.

Therefore if you change the source of input 1 to DX1, Socket 1, it will now have whatever recall filters (and PreAmp settings) for whatever Input that DX socket was assigned to when the recall filter and scene were generated.

The Recall Filter does not ‘sometimes forget’ it always pulls the recall filter from the socket. Not the input.

Jack

Profile photo of Jack_AH
    Jack_AH

Hi Wolfgang,

Just adding a note here for completeness for other users.

Preamp parameters (48v, PAD, and Gain) are tied to the socket, not to the input. This is because one socket can be assigned to multiple input channels. This does not just apply to DX boxes, but any time you change the source for a channel, the recall filter settings will remain those of the socket, not the input channel.

Therefore if you change the source of input 1 to DX1, Socket 1, it will now have whatever recall filters (and PreAmp settings) for whatever Input that DX socket was assigned to when the recall filter and scene were generated.

The Recall Filter does not ‘sometimes forget’ it always pulls the recall filter from the socket. Not the input.

Jack

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

Hello Jack,

I understand your objection.
    But please try to understand me too.

If i save a scene as pure effect call of one or more effect engines, then i don’t want to recall wrong gain values at the inputs when recalling.

At the moment the solution for this problem only looks like this:
    as soon as i have routed an input differently, i have to check the recall filters in all FX scenes again.
    This can be problematic, because if you e.g. select another input during a festival and set the gain differently, then it can be that this takes on its original value again when recalling an effect scene. Because who thinks of checking the recall filters in such stressful situations?

so NEVER forget to check the recall filters all the time.
    i just wanted to mention that here, so that others don’t fall into the same trap as i do.

my question: how could this be better solved?

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.