Re-numbering Channels on T112?

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions Re-numbering Channels on T112?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sandman
    sandman
    Participant

I know I can move strips around at will, and assign various inputs to channels, but what would be involved in actually renumbering channels on a T-112?
    About 4 years I began multi-track recording (via Dante & Reaper) at our church. Since then, I’ve made a LOT of changes: new instruments, new mics, etc.
    So my clean looking Dante Controller Screen with the nice diagonal slash showing T-112 transmit channels matching up perfectly to computer (DAW) receive channels is long gone. For instance, Trombone 1 is Channel 3 on the iLive, but transmits on Port B/Dante on Channel 22. The Dante Controller patches it to computer receiver channel 4 (but I have to remember to drag the actual iLive Channel number 3 over to the receiver channel, not the Dante number 22), and so then it becomes Input #4 in Reaper, but in Reaper Channel 3. (At least all my iLive channel numbers match my Reaper channel numbers!).
    All the channels actually work. I record on 48 channels and it sends it back to the iLive faithfully, but it’s a mess anytime I need to add an instrument or make a change.
    It seems like it would be nice to start over and re-number the channels on the board and then have the same number for Port B, Reaper, and so forth. But would that be an even bigger nightmare? Opinions?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

but what would be involved in actually renumbering channels on a T-112?

Most of all, your brain… 😉

I’m afraid there is no other possibility to do it by hand… no function available that renumbers the channels…

Profile photo of sandman
    sandman
    Participant

Thanks for your response, SteffenR.
    My brain is not up to the task right now. I’ll give it some time.
    I realized it would have to be done by hand, but haven’t thought through what that would entail. When I start thinking about it is when the brain gets strained!
    If I wanted to change, say, Kick Drum, from channel 10 to channel 1…I would have to move the current instrument on channel 1 to an open number, then record all the channel 10 settings to channel 1. 64 channels to reset this way…then I would want to change the Port B/Dante numbers to match the new channel numbers…then change the Receive Channels on the Dante Contoller…then the input numbers and Channel numbers in Reaper.
    Yeah, not going to be happening anytime soon!

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Yeah, not going to be happening anytime soon!

Why not? You just need some hours (days) of spare time 😀

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.