Re-calibrate touchscreen without touchscreen

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Re-calibrate touchscreen without touchscreen

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of scottspeig
    scottspeig
    Participant

The touchscreen on the QU-24 that I use (i’m a volunteer sound mixer for local church) keeps malfunctioning and shifts the calibration about half way across.

This means that the menu for re-calibration is inaccessible while using the touchscreen.

Is there a way to operate the menus with the dials/function buttons rather than the touchscreen? The only other way I can think of is via the app, but I’m new to the world of digital desks, and the knowledgebase in the church is very limited…

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Can’t help you re the screen, although it sounds like a possible software problem.

I would just set up an iPad and use that as a screen

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@scottspeig

The calibration should only be making the touchscreen more accurate, not shifting the touch area entirely.
    It’s not possible to confirm without testing, but you may have a hardware issue and recalibration of the screen is managing to get you to a working state (sometimes).
    I’d therefore recommend getting in touch with your local distributor to arrange a service (https://www.allen-heath.com/community/distributors/).

One thing you could try yourself first, is to ensure the area under the screen bezel is completely clean, using a soft paintbrush or similar.
    If you’ve got anything trapped under there, it could be affecting the touchscreen reading.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.