QUPac question.

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QUPac question.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Not having used a QUPac yet I have a question for anyone who has. From the soft keys or SEL keys can you select the different mixes since there are no mix buttons? Or is it all QuControl selecting or QuPad.

Ordering one soon to use as a zone mixer for a convention center.

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

From the channel tab you can select any mix (touch button)
    which brings up channel controls for that mix.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Well. They need to be available on softkeys for obvious reasons.

So does this become a request for future update?

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I’ve been using mine a lot for the last two days, and will again tomorrow, so can investigate properly then. But I hardly ever use the front panel, so what follows may be rubbish!

AFAIK all of the desk’s functions are accessible from the Pac’s front panel – you do not need an iPad/phone. But I don’t think the soft keys can be made into mix select buttons, those are on the touch screen. The 16 channel select keys along the bottom are a user layer, so you could put have the Mix Masters there, I think, if if that’s what you want to get to quickly. But I don’t think that’s what you want is it?

I’d not want to mix a show on the desk alone anyway, as getting from one control to another can be several button (real and/or virtual) presses away. The apps are much easier and faster to get around on. In fact I’m considering swapping my Pac for a SB. Having the soft keys work as mix select buttons would help I guess, but I’d still use my iPad!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Like I said. In this case I’m using it as a zone mixer. Or matrix mixer. Any input to any output for a multipurpose large room.

I just think having quick button access makes sense. The multiple softkeys taking up a large portion of the panel should serve that purpose. In this use don’t need them for much if anything else.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.