Qu24 and daw control (Sonar/Cakewalk)

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu DAW integration Qu24 and daw control (Sonar/Cakewalk)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dirk PHC Dirk PHC 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dirk PHC
    Dirk PHC
    Participant

Dear all,
    First of all my current setup: QU24 with WIN10 PC and DAW Sonar / Cakewalk. I also use a Ipad. In my studio, monitoring thru Dynaudio / SPL controller. Several analog and digital synths, guitars, bas, accoustic, etc
    Recently I replaced my “old” Tascam DM3200 (fully integrated with my daw), with the QU24.

The QU24 works great, including usb/audio streaming from and to my PC/DAW.
    But I do not get dawcontrol working (ie, flying faders, transport controls), I have installed all latest versions of driver, midicontrol. Read and followed the help/instructions….

My question: is this daw control function actually support on a WIN PC ?. Any help appreciated

Profile photo of Dirk PHC
    Dirk PHC
    Participant

It works 👍
    All working now, after reading the A&H midicontrol instructions again (and now thoroughly 😉)

The “midi control” app from Allen&Heath (download from the A&H site) translates the midi data sent from the QU to Mackie control midi data as input for the DAW.
    For this the app generates 4 virtual midi devices (to support 4 times 8 faders), ie daw control 1, daw control 2, daw control 3, and daw control 4.

The “real” Qu midi devices: QU-24 midi in and QU-midi out get the non-translated data.

Creating a “control surface” in my daw, using the virtual midi devices makes it all happen 👍

It is actually well described in the document, but I know that more people did not get it working correct

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.