Qu vs. SQ: Please share your recording experience

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu vs. SQ: Please share your recording experience

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tobi Tobi 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gravyface
    gravyface
    Participant

I’ve read through the documentation as well as a few threads comparing the two, but I’m specifically interested in those who’ve compared the two series from a recording perspective, not so much live.

Let me know your thoughts. Considering selling my Qu-24 and getting an SQ5, mostly for on-location recording duties vs. front of house/live sound.

Thanks

Profile photo of jron
    jron
    Participant

For whatever it’s worth, I went from an QU25 to an SQ5, and I love it. I am a simple user, and use it for both a PA mixer and an audio interface for recording. Typically at 96KHz.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

I would imagine if you were recording both at 48khz there would be absolutely no difference (or not enough for you to hear?) in recording quality, however, at 96khz there will be.

gravyface
    Participant

Well it’s all subjective. Some people can hear 96K, others cannot; I don’t know if I can. I think the preamps are better in the SQ, but I’ve been pretty happy with my Qu’s recordings/preamps and I have higher end external preamps from BAE, Heritage Audio, etc.

gravyface
    Participant

Did you ever directly compare recordings made on the Qu vs. the SQ?

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

Nobody can hear 96k, only If the 48k converters are Bad.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.