QU SB Mix outs FX

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU SB Mix outs FX

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of garyh garyh 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Participant

Hello Everyone,
    I think I know the answer to this question is, and what I want to do isn’t possible with the QU SB but I’ll pop it up here just in case I’m missing something. So this is iPad App I’m using.

I have a band using in ear monitors so have to be able to provide 4 different mixes, this is typically fine, however. Each member of the band can get the level they need from their mix no problem. The issue, and it is a small one TBH, is if for example the vocalist wants perhaps more or less reverb or effect on their vocal only on the monitor mix, thus creating a different fx mix from the LR output.

So as things stand the only way I can see to get reverb just on one channel on a mix out (the vocal Channel) is to have an insert on that channel, that enables me to just have vocals with reverb but the level of reverb is the same front of house and in the IEM mix, this is managed by the wet/dry mix on the effects panel.

In terms of being able to use the send and returns I don’t know how to make this just channel specific when sending to a mix out, I can only ever have it washing everything in the selected mix channel out with reverb. rather than just the channel I need.

I’m fairly new to digital mixers, so please forgive my ignorance, it could well be there is a way around this using matrixes or groups.

Any help welcome, and apologies if this has already been covered.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

What you want certainly is possible and I leave it at that.

The search function is your friend; f.i. effects mix

Good luck !

Giga

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

If you’re not using all the FX slots for LR, you can set up a separate one just for that particular mix. Just unassign the return to everything but that mix.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.