Qu-SB limitations?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu-SB limitations?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Timon
    Timon
    Participant

I am considering getting a Qu-SB and came across this Q&A, which states that some functions are not accessible through the Qu-Pad App. Does that mean that user profiles, copying, pasting, and resetting of parameters are not possible on the Qu-SB, since it does not have a touchscreen compared to the rest of the Qu series?
    Are there any other limitations compared to the other mixers in the Qu-series of which I should be aware?
    Best regards,
    Timon

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

I don’t know how you got to that conclusion. I’ve been using my Qu-SB for around 7 years now and never ran into a situation where I missed functionality. That little thing is awesome and so is the app in my experience 👍

Giga

Profile photo of Timon
    Timon
    Participant

“I don’t know how you got to that conclusion.”
    I reached this conclusion based on the Q&A I linked, which states, “The following setup functions are available only at the mixer: […] Parameter Copy/Paste/Reset, User Profile management.”

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Allright, I hadn’t seen that. Anyway, take it from me, all of those functions are available in the app.

Giga

Profile photo of Timon
    Timon
    Participant

Good to know, thanks.
    Best regards,
    Timon

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

@timon,

That link you have provided looks to be quite old and referring to the actual mixers with physical faders. When the QU-16 was first released some functions could only be implemented via the mixer as the app took a little longer to catch up.

But like Giga, I have been a QU user for 10 years, 7 of those with the QU-SB and I can also concur, that all the features and functions of the QU-SB are completely available via the app. They would have to be as unlike the QU-PAC, the SB does not have a screen or any physical buttons.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Sorry! That article did need an update… Done.
    Can confirm that all control of the mixer is available from Qu-Pad, and as @Lee7 says, this is a requirement for operation of the SB.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.