Qu-Pad – How can I achieve anything else but a bell shape on PEQ?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu-Pad – How can I achieve anything else but a bell shape on PEQ?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of coffee_king coffee_king 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of coffee_king
    coffee_king
    Participant

Hi there
    Am I missing something or can one NOT adjust the Width/Freq/Gain sections on PEQ on Qu-Pad app by touching the Green/Turquise/Blue/Red number areas?
    You can only pull the wave forms circles up and down and so cant really single out EQ issues?

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

You can get shelving filters by moving the soft Q controls to the extremities. The superstrip doesn’t allow this.

EDIT: I should mention this is only the cases for bands 1 and 4, which provide low and high shelves respectively.

coffee_king
    Participant

I’m on about with the Qu-Pad iPad app here.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

It’s a pinch action.

I usually put one finger on the dot that represents the band I want to change, and the slide another towards or away from it.

coffee_king
    Participant

It’s a pinch action.

I usually put one finger on the dot that represents the band I want to change, and the slide another towards or away from it.

Oh yeah, well done again Mark.
    Still a bit fidly mind you isnt it, and I cant quiet get the band as narrow as I want, but its a lot better.

Shame you cant access the numbers to adjust them either. (Or slide over the numbers)

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

touch and slide a virtual fader on the numbers would be good…

Profile photo of mamerica
    mamerica
    Participant

You can pinch anywhere within the EQ grid. Select the band that you want to change by touching the dot.
    Place a finger near the upper left corner of the grid. Place another finger (even from a different hand) anywhere within the grid and move it left or right.

coffee_king
    Participant

You can pinch anywhere within the EQ grid. Select the band that you want to change by touching the dot.
    Place a finger near the upper left corner of the grid. Place another finger (even from a different hand) anywhere within the grid and move it left or right.

Totally, but virtual faders would defo be handy too though as its still not the easiest of things to do especially during a live performance.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.