Qu-pac…should i have bought a 18cqt?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu-pac…should i have bought a 18cqt?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mdsmerg
    mdsmerg
    Participant

I just bought the qu-pac. Then I saw the the 18cqt. My band needs 16 channels and we have no sound man. But I live this qu-pac. I need someone to tell me why it is better even though it has no built in wi-fi, bluetooth and has automated features. Are the pre-amps better in the qu-pac? Is the unit overall better in sound our build quality? Any info would be appreciated.

Profile photo of Roy
    Roy
    Participant

The new CQ series has much going for it, but I wouldn’t swap my 2 QuPacs for it. CQ is really for those with little time or experience to get good sound with minimal fuss. But it has no mute groups, no sub groups and no matrices, all of which are deal breakers for me. The built in WiFi may be fine, but I wouldn’t trust it, and the 96K output is unlikely to make a scrap of difference to the average punter in the audience. The auto setup features of the CQ are a bit hit and miss for me (having used one several times). I much prefer to do my own setups (which the CQ will still allow).

In a perfect world, Allen & Heath would make an SQ Pac but this doesn’t look likely any time soon. Now that I would buy in a heartbeat.

Profile photo of ioTon
    ioTon
    Participant

Correct!
    +1
    There is no real benefit with CQ…

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

Roy has it pretty much summed up. I do like the reverbs better on the CQ though.
    The fact it’s a lot smaller and lighter is useful in certain circumstances too.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

+2 for Roy

With that I could find use for a CQ20 for smaller events that I now take another small
    box mixer to.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.