Qu-Drive Sample Files?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu-Drive Sample Files?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Fab Fab 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ben
    Ben
    Participant

Hello all!

New user here. Just received our Qu-32 on Monday and am loving the interface and usability of it. I was wondering if anyone knew of a place I could download sample files to run off the Qu-Drive to practice mixing and do some training without having a live band in our venue.

I’m looking for some samples of your typical band set-up: kick, snare, toms, guitar, bass, vox, etc.

Does anyone know of anywhere I could get this? Or is it even possible without recording multitracks from the board?

Profile photo of Maverick72
    Maverick72
    Participant

Hi Ben – I’ve recently found the following site and multitrack library run by Mike Senior (Cambridge Music Technology: https://www.cambridge-mt.com/index.html (click on “Mixing Secrets Free Multitrack Download Library”).

The library has lots of multitrack recordings for download and practice purposes. You will have to do a bit of conversion and renaming of files, but not a big deal.

Hope this helps.

Best,
    Armin

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Take your normal band and record their first set, then play ???

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

And just to repeat the quintessence of some other QuDrive-Threads: When copying back multitrack projects to the QuDrive don’t try this on HDDs. You’ll likely encounter playback issues from excessive head seeking (since copied tracks are no longer interleaved).
    A supported USB Stick (like the SanDisk Extreme) will be best for such experiments.

Profile photo of Ben
    Ben
    Participant

Thanks Maverick! I’ll look into that.

Profile photo of Reveal
    Reveal
    Participant

Hello guys …

I’ve been downloading the files in the selected site, they come divided into .zip files, but can not make it work on QU-16.
    Where do I put the files and how then put the multitrack work?

thanks

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

First make a few seconds of MTK recording, the. Replace the files created – keep their names.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

You might need to resample the files to 48kHz before you can do that. Check this KB article:
    https://support.allen-heath.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/774/201/qu-drive–understanding-qu-drive-and-usb

Note – .wav files imported to the USB drive for Multitrack playback via Qu-Drive must be MONO tracks, 48kHz 24bit, and follow the naming and file structure convention detailed in the User Guide. Also note that the Qu mixer expects 18 tracks to be present in the multitrack folder – you can create dummy tracks by duplicating and renaming your files.

Profile photo of Reveal
    Reveal
    Participant

I’ve done (resample through audacity, converted to 24bit 48khz and all the tracks) and then kept these same tracks, renaming them in TRK01 to TRK11 in AHQU-> USBMTK-> QU-MT001
    When I called the USB pen by QU-Drive, always says it is “invalid project”. What is up?
    Someone has a multitrack possible to use the QU-16 so I try various table settings? Is that bought yesterday and wanted to try before going to the “road” ….

Note: the files is Mystery: https://www.cambridge-mt.com/ms-mtk-newbies.htm#Mystery

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Are they all the same length?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

@reveal
    Read the post above: Qu expects 18 tracks to be present in the multitrack folder – you can create dummy tracks by duplicating and renaming your files. It wouldn’t work with TRK01 to TRK11 only.

Profile photo of Reveal
    Reveal
    Participant

but I also tried leaving the 18 files, replacing only up to 11.

then mean I have to duplicate and rename all 18 files, even if the multitrack are only 11? And duplication, gets to name the remaining 7 files?

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

All 18 files must be present. If you have 11 then just copy numbers 1-7 and call them 12 to 18, then don’t source them from USB or leave the faders down.

If you have 7 short files left over then I imagine the QU will fail to load the project.

Profile photo of Reveal
    Reveal
    Participant

I was copying 11 and renomeava to trk01 to 11. After copying the remaining trk12 up to 18 of the files created by the table in the recording.
    It was well with 11 wav files with 6.5MB and 7 with 1kb. so I have to do?

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

I’m really struggling to understand the question… Sorry, any chance you could restate it?

The directory must have 18 files, 48/24, and I think they have to be the same length.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.