Qu-Drive Compatible USB Device Database

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu-Drive Compatible USB Device Database

Tagged: 

This topic contains 510 replies, has 126 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike G Mike G 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 511 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

@giga: Post magically corrected… πŸ˜‰

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

haha LOL ! Andreas you devine you πŸ™‚

Giga

Profile photo of GSP
    GSP
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m new to the forum and have recently started using the QU-16. I very much want to do some multi-track recording to a USB stick and have followed the working devices chart closely.

One thing that I have never seen mentioned on this thread is talk of any kind of adapter to go from USB B (male) to USB A (female). The Qu-16 usb drive port is a USB B female port – at least mine is? I should think this is absolutely required since the QU mixers have only a USB B female port and these USB sticks being mentioned are most certainly USB A male sticks.

I’m looking at something like this on Amazon:
    https://a.co/beNQ9N6

Would this work? Can someone point me to a good adapter that he is using? Or straighten me out if I’m vastly confused… πŸ˜‰

Thanks!

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

You may be at, least a little, confused!

The USB on the front of your mixer, next to the headphone socket, is type A, and this is the one to record to a stick.

The USB on the back of the mixer is a B and is used to connect to a computer.

Profile photo of GSP
    GSP
    Participant

ARGH! Thank you! I knew it was something ridiculously simple. I haven’t had the board long enough and I feel like I’m drinking from a firehose trying to learn all that this thing can do! Anyway, thanks for taking it easy on a noob.

Profile photo of Elenacortes
    Elenacortes
    Participant

@Gigabytes
    Thanks for advice. I’ll do it

πŸ™‚

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

ARGH! Thank you! I knew it was something ridiculously simple. I haven’t had the board long enough and I feel like I’m drinking from a firehose trying to learn all that this thing can do! Anyway, thanks for taking it easy on a noob.

Don’t learn it all at once…
    Read the manual – take at least a week over doing so…

There is *lot* in there. You won’t remember it all after one read, but you might remember enough to go ‘Oh, thats in the manual’…

Profile photo of Ernie
    Ernie
    Participant
    Profile photo of Ernie
    Ernie
    Participant
    Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

This is the exact one I’m using: https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extreme-128GB-Speeds-SDCZ88-128G-G46/dp/B00HR7FWUC without one problem whatsoever…

Giga

Profile photo of Tom@HonestyAVL
    Tom@HonestyAVL
    Participant

Small job in a rural area USA. Wal-Mart was only option. Did not have any of units on approved list in stock. Wanted 32gig, purchased all four 32 gig options they had in stock. Only one worked on the QU24 I was working with. I will fill out form, but as an FYI for visitors who can’t open the linked file on a mobile device.

PNY USB 3.0, Elite Turbo React, 32 gig.
    Formal model number “P-FD32GTRC-BE”
    UPC. “751492588858”
    This unit did work fine

Sandisk USB 3.0, Cruiser Glide, 32 gig.
    Formal model number “SDCZ60-O32G-AW46”
    UPC. “619659094164”
    This unit did NOT work

Sandisk USB 3.0, Ultra, 32 gig.
    Formal model number “SDCZ48-O32G-AW46
    UPC. “619659116521”
    This unit did NOT work

ONN (wal-mart brand), 32 gig.
    Formal model number “ONA16AA017”
    UPC. “681131131926”
    This unit did NOT work

Profile photo of Dancing Brook
    Dancing Brook
    Participant

The spreadsheet, https://goo.gl/P7Hzq1, should be locked so folks don’t inadvertently change a line. It also should default sort by manufacturer, model and capacity so that folks can compare different experiences with \other’s experiences.

Profile photo of Drew
    Drew
    Participant

I’ve been using the Sandisk Extreme 3.0 64BG drive on a Qu-Pac to record live speech. I can go 10-15 recordings in a row without issue, but then every once in a while the file gets cut short. I cannot determine what is different that is causing this to happen. Any thoughts?

Do you always go through the complete shut down process prior to removing the USB stick? Is it a problem if you need to remove the drive before shutting down? I don’t know if this is the reason, but the only thing I can think of.

Do you format your drive before every recording?

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Just give the Qu-drive a bit of time for good measure after stopping the recording, remove the stick and folow proper shut-down procedure.

And YES…every recording should be done with a freshly formatted stick!!!

Profile photo of Drew
    Drew
    Participant

Okay, the formatting is something I haven’t been doing each time. I will give that a try.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 511 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.