Qu Android app, anyone interested?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu Android app, anyone interested?

This topic contains 206 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of davidgiga1993 davidgiga1993 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

QuPad has max two connections
    MIDI/TCP (Android mixing station) has one connection
    QUYou/QuControl has 8 minus QuPad connections.

Profile photo of davidgiga1993
    davidgiga1993
    Participant

Is it “by design” from A&H, that only one connection from an app to the qu-16 mixer is possible? Or is that a restriction from the android-app? Are there more connections at the same time possible with the official iOS-App?

Yes that’s a restriction of the mixer. Mixing Station uses the midi protocol while the official apps use some internal protocol which allows more connections (up to 2 iPads).

Profile photo of rschlierbeck
    rschlierbeck
    Participant

Hi David,

I have not been able to get any version of your software to run on my Asus TF700T tablet. When I launch it, it begins to load and then immediately crashes and I get a message that Unfortuneatly it has stopped. I have submitted a report with each version when I have tried it. That might not be the proper channel though. I’m wondering if there is anyway to troubleshoot this to get it to work?

Thanks for your help.

davidgiga1993
    Participant

That might not be the proper channel though. I’m wondering if there is anyway to troubleshoot this to get it to work?

You can also send me a mail: david at dev-core.org

I saw your crash reports and it seems like you’re the only person from all users who has this issue.
    The crash is caused by a system library for drawing so nothing I can fix from my side.
    In the stacktrace I saw that you’re using the omni rom, is that correct?
    If yes you could try flashing an update or changing to another rom in case yours isn’t the stock rom.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Rather disappointed today…

The application would connect the the QU, and would display information, but instantly say that the QU hadn’t responded in 6 seconds and require a reconnection.

Not the best start. I will confess that I had very limited time available to me – I was running an event, and had taken the app and the BCF2k along as a ‘quick test’ because I was running low on faders…

davidgiga1993
    Participant

How was the wifi quality? Were there other networks in the area with the same/similar channel?
    This ususualy the main reason for connection losses.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Wifi router was right next to me, my iPad was fine throughout, as were the iPhones/iPad on stage.

I have to reconnect like 10 or 15 times until I get a stable connect. All other connects behave just like Bob explained. At first I thought it was the router. But the app behaves the same with the second one. Never had this problem when mixing with the iPad.

Thanks for your work!

davidgiga1993
    Participant

I was not yet able to reproduce this issues but I’ll see what I can do.
    Sorry for the issues.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Ok, I didn’t have time to try that on Sunday.

Although apparently my WiFi connection wasn’t as stable as I’d thought – QuYou on stage did need reconnecting…

It didn’t feel like a wifi issue, because it was always straight away

Profile photo of StrokerRED
    StrokerRED
    Participant

I’ve been having the same issue, I just ignore it and can control the board anyways. But I get no feed back from the desk as far as levels go or anything like that. I don’t keep my Android tablet updated like I should so I thought that might be the cause.

davidgiga1993
    Participant

You also get a connection lost message right after connecting?
    Do you have a password set on your mixer?

I’m currently working on a more background reconnect mechanism, this should make things easier.

Profile photo of StrokerRED
    StrokerRED
    Participant

There is no password set on my mixer. It connects for about 6 seconds then says it lost connection and asks to reconnect or ignore. I just say ignore and I can continue to operate the mixer but I don’t get any feed back on levels coming back from the mixer.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

I was also in a ‘no password’ setup
    I’ve forgotten the exact error screen (sorry, but I was rather busy doing other things) but it went something like:
    – Connecting 1/100 -> Connected
    Then 6 seconds later the error was ~”QU hasn’t responded for 6 seconds, disconnecting”

Profile photo of jhb1982
    jhb1982
    Participant

Same issue here – the app connects for about 6 seconds then says it lost connection and asks to reconnect or ignore. Selecting reconnect, everything works fine before the message appears again after about 6 seconds (etc.)

Workaround is to select ignore, but this results in 1-way comms as highlighted above and I’m also not convinced it’s working reliably – faders etc. seem to work ok, but I’m fairly sure I had some issues with pre-amp gain changes/phantom power not being sent/received properly.

The iPad app works without a glitch, so wifi to the mixer is fine.

No password on mine either. Android tab is up to date. Mixer and app at latest SW/FW.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 207 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.