Qu Android app, anyone interested?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu Android app, anyone interested?

This topic contains 206 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of davidgiga1993 davidgiga1993 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of siesta
    siesta
    Participant

I’m using a Galaxy Note Pro (12,2 inch) and am very happy with it. I also use it for reading scores during gigs, and love the S-Pen feature as it gives more precise control when writing, drawing or using a complex UI such as the Mixing Station.

Mixing station Qu works extremely well with my Galaxy Note, even though I have a customized CyanogenMod ROM installed on the tablet. If 12,2 inches is enough for you, I can recommend that.

Profile photo of audiokla
    audiokla
    Participant

Thanks, siesta.
    Today I tried the app with a galaxy note. Unfortunately it was only 10 inch. But the mixing station app is great, really really good. I love several features.
    The only point is that the battery of the IPad is much better

Profile photo of eurekarem
    eurekarem
    Participant

Would love an android app, I don’t like Apple products!

Thanks!

P.S. If you live close to Ohio I may be able to help with access to
    my QU16 for testing purposes… šŸ˜‰

eurekarem
    Participant

Read further that you have this available at Google Play Store, so I
    downloaded it and checking it out…

Thanks for your hard work!

UPDATE: Wow! beautiful app!! I’ve only been playing with it in offline mode,
    but I’m am thoroughly impressed with the responsive and intuitiveness of it!!

Thanks x10!! šŸ™‚

eurekarem
    Participant

I forgot to mention, I’m using an ASUS MeMO Pad HD 7 (Android 4.2.2) and the software runs just fine on this small tablet…

Profile photo of Gordon
    Gordon
    Participant

If I update my mixer to 1.9 firmware, will my QU-Mixing Station (Pro) version 1.8x still connect and function?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Don’t tell my wife, but I just bought a bcf2000 to test with this app.

If it works then it’s a cheap “extra” 8 faders, on their own layering system – it should make a perfect monitor desk…

eurekarem
    Participant

Let us know if it works!

Profile photo of Gordon
    Gordon
    Participant

I haven’t seen or heard from davidgiga1993 in a few months. Does anyone know if he is working on version 1.9 for QU-Mixing Station?

I really need it!

Thanks.

Profile photo of davidgiga1993
    davidgiga1993
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m currently moving and only have internet access via phone so sorry for my slow response time.

I am working on a 1.9 version. But the current one should work fine with 1.9, just ignore the fwarning message.
    Known issues with this method are: Tap buttons aare not blinking.

Profile photo of Gordon
    Gordon
    Participant

Hi,
    Iā€™m currently moving and only have internet access via phone so sorry for my slow response time.

I am working on a 1.9 version. But the current one should work fine with 1.9, just ignore the fwarning message.
    Known issues with this method are: Tap buttons aare not blinking.

Thanks, Dave. I thought that it wouldn’t connect if the version numbers didn’t match. OK then, I’ll update the mixer today and try Mixing Station version 1.82 with it. I just didn’t want to lose the ability to mix on tablet altogether. (God forbid I would need to dig out the old multicore snake again.)

Thanks for your help.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

It’s not using the proprietary protocols, it’s a midi/tcp connection IIRC. Which makes it interesting.

I’ll be running the stagebox mostly, but if this gives me a “monitor desk” then that will be interesting – just swipe/tap between mixes and leave the main desk on FOH. Give someone else control of a smaller mixer for bits?
    I wonder if the app would continue to work with the tablet locket? Then it’s a plain 8 fader interface…

Profile photo of davidgiga1993
    davidgiga1993
    Participant

It will continue to work even when the screen is locked / disabled. Because the drawing will be disabled when the app is in the background it should also save some battery life.

The V1.9 update will be uploaded tomorrow. I currently only have very very slow mobile internet here so it takes some time.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Cool – so it won’t matter if the screen locks, the Midi controller should still work…
    That would be interesting…

Profile photo of maeck
    maeck
    Participant

I’m using the Android-App with our QU-16 and it’s amazing! Thanks for that work!
    Is it “by design” from A&H, that only one connection from an app to the qu-16 mixer is possible? Or is that a restriction from the android-app? Are there more connections at the same time possible with the official iOS-App?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 207 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.