Qu – 24 Low Quality Audio Output

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu – 24 Low Quality Audio Output

This topic contains 16 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mozart Amadeus Mozart Amadeus 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mozart Amadeus
    Mozart Amadeus
    Participant

I am using Qu – 24 and receiving low quality audio from USB B as well as Output from Mix. Ultimate goal: To get good quality audio output for live stream.

For Illustrarion, I will say how I tried, I connected aux to channel 24 and played a song in youtube. I mapped Mix 9 L and Mix 10 R as USB B output.

The ouput from USB B, has low quality compared to real audio in youtube.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

And what happens when you use Mix 9 R instead of Mix 10 R (or Mix 10 L instead of Mix 9 L for that matter) ? There may be some phase issues at play…

Good luck !

Giga

Mozart Amadeus
    Participant

Thank you for your valuable time, I am little far from QU-24 right now. But I have tried what you said, I just used Mix 9 L alone without even R, still the quality of sound was poor compared to Input volume.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

By poor quality it sounds like it is just too low in volume.

What are the levels showing on the mix 9 – 10 master?

What software are you using to live stream? When using the USB connection what does the
    audio level show in the streaming software?

Have you always been using the USB audio connection to the live streaming computer?

Mozart Amadeus
    Participant

Thanks for replying, There were low volume like you said. I can see mixer reaching upto green zone to orange zone and sometimes red.

I use OBS for live stream, and the level in OBS meter is usually greater when compared to levels shown in Mixer.

For Example:
    Orange zone in Mixer = Red Zone in OBS

I tried Mix’s Master volume to top and added some gain in OBS to increase the volume.

I don’t know whether the quality is affected because of gain etc.

Yes, I am using USB streaming but frequently I face issue where USB will be disconnected automatically. In that time I switch to aux from Mix 9L. And replugging the USB B in Qu 24, will fix the issue.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

If you hitting into the red on OBS that should be plenty of level.

Send me a link to one of your live stream videos, I’ll listen to it.

Sometimes OBS will drop an input connection randomly for seemly no reason!

Mozart Amadeus
    Participant

Even though, If I hit the extreme level, the ouptut volume of 30 is heard at 100.

OBS didn’t cut my volume in my case, I checked Qu ASIO driver, it also shows “Not connected” at that time.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Connection issue aside, Do you have multiple instances of audio inputs active in OBS?

In the windows sound settings does the QU show up as a source?

There have been audio issues with some newer Windows computers that include various embedded audio “enhancement” software that applies echo cancellation to an incoming audio source for Zoom meeting kind of use.
    That software can make streaming audio sound very bad to next to unusable. Deep diving into the audio settings sometimes you can disable it.
    Have a customer with a year or two old Dell lap top that was working fine and one day there was an update that also installed new audio features, from that point on their live stream audio was next to unusable.
    I was a Waves audio program that would not uninstall, or stay disabled for any length of time.
    A little research found many people with that same issue or similar issues with other audio “enhancement” software running in the background all searching for a solution.

I suggested wiping the computer and installing Linux, They started using a Mac and it runs fine!

Mozart Amadeus
    Participant

I have multiple instance active at a time in OBS but they are in different scenes.

Yes, I never thought about that. When I was having problem with headphones, it was because of windows audio enchancement. I will try to disable it here, if it still didn’t work I will try with Linux. For livestream link, I have sent you the link through message.

And is there reason why Mixer’s level and OBS level are different. The sound is like 30% but the levels goes beyond red. I face this problem in both aux cable as well as USB B streaming. In order to hear at 50%, I My live stream viewers should keep their volume at 100%.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

The mixers reference point for 0dB on the meters is at -18dBFS, reference point for OBS is at 0dBFS.
    And the points where the meters go red are different as well.

Mozart Amadeus
    Participant

Thanks, and also another question. Is there a way to send FX also through USB B streaming?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Thanks, and also another question. Is there a way to send FX also through USB B streaming?

If your using mix 9-10 for your live stream mix go the FX returns while mix 9-10 is selected and bring up the send levels on the FX returns.

As far as the multiple audio instances active on OBS I was thinking maybe there was some phase cancellation issues going on.
    Maybe do a test with only one audio input source active.

Mozart Amadeus
    Participant

Sure things, Thanks for the help, I will try it out.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Just watched some of your live stream video.
    It looks good and to be honest I didn’t think it sounded that bad, I listened to it with headphones right off of
    my lap top. A couple times it did sound like the audio was on the edge of clipping
    I would suggest applying some moderate compression to mix 9-10.
    Do you have a high pass filter applied to the vocal mics?

Mozart Amadeus
    Participant

Thanks for checking it, We don’t have added any high pass filter to vocal. Is it necessary?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.