QU-16 Mute does not affect USB out

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU-16 Mute does not affect USB out

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dick Rees Dick Rees 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DNSinSC
    DNSinSC
    Participant

Hello everyone. We recently purchased a Qu-16 Chrome mixer for our church and use the USB out on the back to feed a live stream during service. I discovered yesterday that muting channels, or mute groups have no effect on the USB stream. Which is bad. You can mute a channel and it affects the house and monitors and head phones, but the live stream remains unaffected.

What are we doing wrong and how should we fix this?

Thank you!

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Well, I’m personally pretty happy that streams do not follow channel mute, but according to The Manual (Page 38, “Channel Direct Output settings”) there should be a button to globally switch “follow mute” for the direct outs on or off. Not checked, though.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

It would help to know what you’re using for streaming. I use my Qu-16 for live broadcast streaming using a MacBook with Nicecast/Icecast to feed my Shoutcast server. There are several other common ways and how you interface depends on your streaming device/chain.

Let me know and I’ll likely have an answer…if not THE answer.
    DR

Dick Rees
    Participant

Andreas…

More comprehensive information is to be found on p.75.

DR

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

sure, p.75 also mentions to switch CH source to Direct Outs. Missed that…

Profile photo of DNSinSC
    DNSinSC
    Participant

We are using the USB to connect to a mac pro running wirecast in 2 channel stereo. It just caught us off guard when muting the guitar to tune it, did not actually mute it on the live feed! Thanks, I will look at page 75.

Dick Rees
    Participant

I believe Andreas is correct in citing the “follow mute” option. I’m not sure how your streaming program connects, but with mine I simply assign the Qu as an audio input device on the Mac and output the Main L/R mix on channels 1/2. If you’re connecting directly to the Wirecast I couldn’t say as I have no experience with that particular program.

Is your Mac recognizing the Qu as an audio device?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.