port blocking on Yamaha SWP1-8 switch w/ 3500C

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting port blocking on Yamaha SWP1-8 switch w/ 3500C

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of msteel msteel 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Chuck
    Chuck
    Participant

we have experienced the Yamaha switch detecting a loop and blocking all ports on the switch.
    using the Yamaha Lan Monitor we have confirmed there is no actual loop.
    when the issue occurs we can unplug the 3500C network cable and the returns to operation.
    plugging in the network cable, about 30 seconds later the audio begins processing again.
    The error on the switch indicates a loop was detected only on the port to the 3500C.
    it appears the DM0 misrack is incorrectly returning the loopback packet to the switch and thus a loop is detected.
    I have disabled loop detection and port blocking to avoid the situation,.
    Has anyone seen this or is it a known issue.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

You don’t want to make a network connection on both the MixRack and Surface. Doing so actually does create a network loop. You only need/want to connect the DLive system to the network once – either the Mixrack OR the Surface, but not both.

Profile photo of Chuck
    Chuck
    Participant

correct, we only have a connection to the mix rack.
    I confirm that with the yamaha lan monitor application which shows all connections to the switch.

Profile photo of Dejan Vuckovic
    Dejan Vuckovic
    Participant

Hi,

I have a C1500 with CDM48, and i have a switch connected to CDM48 network port, and on it 3 Sennheiser IE, one Axient and an access point for ipad control. If I connect a laptop running Director at C1500 network port, will that be an issue? Also, I’m planning on having a waves card in C1500, so in order for the snapshot control between AH and Waves, I should connect the waves card to the network port on c1500. Do you see any problems here?

Profile photo of msteel
    msteel
    Participant

Chuck,
    Since you have a Yamaha switch and a DM0, and talk about audio stopping when you unplug the C3500, then I suspect you are using Dante. If there is a Dante card in either the C3500 or the DM0, and the Dante card is also connected to the Yamaha switch, then depending on the way the Dante card’s “Internal Network Bridge” switch is set you could have a loop that way as well.

Profile photo of msteel
    msteel
    Participant

Dejan,
    This is really a separate topic than the original post, but I expect it would be fine to connect a laptop to the surface like you describe.

The two Ethernet ports on the CDM48 and the two Ethernet ports on the C1500 act (in a certain sense) like a 4 port switch because they are linked through the GigaACE connection between the CDM48 and the C1500. Your laptop would be on the same network as your other components and could communicate with them. You would need to be aware, though, that only 100Mbps bandwidth is reserved on the GigaACE link for third party traffic.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.