Playback/Record question

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ troubleshooting Playback/Record question

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of bullmoon bullmoon 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Cimonti
    Cimonti
    Participant

Trying to ultilize the Playback and multi track recording for the CQ18. I’d like to be able to:
    1. Upload pre recorded tracks in the first 5 tracks.
    2. Play Tracks 1 to 5 while we record with the band in tracks 6-10.

Problem:
    1. I am unable to load Recorded Tracks. Device unable to detect from formatted SD and also tried a formatted USB.
    – Is there a specific folder i should drop the wav files in the SD?
    – It can detect in the STereo playback but NOT in the multi track tab.

Please assist. Thanks.

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

Record some tracks to the SD card. That will show you how to format them. If CQ is like the other A&H mixers, there is a very limited spec as to what will play.

That’s just for playback, though. You’ll need to go USB to a DAW to do multitrack overdub recording, which is what you’re asking about. Reaper is cheap and excellent.

Profile photo of Cimonti
    Cimonti
    Participant

That is so unfortunate and a huge missed feature. Just to clarify what I am trying to do is exactly same as below:

I was attempting to move to CQ from the brand in the video. So is importing file to a Project not possible in the CQ? 🙁 Hoping to not have to connect another device such as a laptop to do this step.

Please advise. Thanks.

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

A&H rec/playback has a very limited feature set. Using a laptop DAW is way more flexible.

Profile photo of Cimonti
    Cimonti
    Participant

Yup. I noticed its very very limited and quite frankly a let down :(. my korg D3200 a decade ago and ZoomL12 from 5 years ago has this basic feature:(

Profile photo of Ogremic
    Ogremic
    Participant

With so much dsp power it’s unexplainable why you need to carry extra hardware for such a simple task.

Profile photo of Cimonti
    Cimonti
    Participant

exactly my thoughts. Thanks

Profile photo of BRS
    BRS
    Participant

Early days yet – put in feature requests.

I wanted to use tracks recorded on another device. I made sure they were 48KHz, 24 bit and named..
    01XYZ
    02ABC
    03DEF
    etc.
    (obviously letters can be anything – KICK,VOX etc.

And replaced the WAVs in the CQ-MT001 folder which the desk had created for me on a short recording.

All worked fine 🙂

It all worked OK when I switched over.

Profile photo of rtme
    rtme
    Participant

Ah, there are more who would like to have multitrack playback and recording simultaneously.

Early days yet – put in feature requests.

I just added the feature request here: https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/allow-multitrack-playback-recording-simultaneously

Profile photo of bullmoon
    bullmoon
    Participant

I went through quite a hassle trying to get files I copied to the SD card to play. I found that Broadcast Wave files created in Nuendo were a NO GO! And no way to fix them other than to recreate them in standard Wave format. The Bwave files would actually cause the recorder function to lock up, or show as in use even while not, and become unusable without a power cycle. After I recreated the files as 48k/24bit Wave, they worked fine. There is a section in the manual that describes the folder structure and naming requirements.

Not being able to overdub to empty tracks in a huge bummer for an otherwise incredible to me so far mixer.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.