Phantom Power Options

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Phantom Power Options

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dave Dave 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

I have two suggestions WRT phantom power:

1) I’m frequently in a position where I’m patching (and unpatching) the stage by myself, and the phantom power needs vary depending on who’s playing. The surface is at FoH, and I have the memory of a goldfish, so sometimes I end up wasting a fair bit of time walking back and forth between the stage and FoH and double-checking that phantom power is turned off for things that can’t handle it. Also, on at least one occasion, I’ve had recall a show while I was still unpatching stuff, and it occurred to me afterwards that I didn’t actually know if phantom power was on in the new show for any of the channels that shouldn’t have it (fortunately it wasn’t). A button to globally disable and enable phantom power would solve my problem in both scenarios.

2) Between myself, musicians with in-ears (who may or may not have my talkback mic turned up loud enough), and sometimes dead walkie-talkies in the broadcast booth, it can be difficult to coordinate turning phantom power on or off if something needs to be changed after we get started. Can we get an option to automatically mute a socket for a couple seconds whenever its phantom power is turned on or off? Maybe with a soft un-mute in case the device in question has an exceptionally long phantom power pop?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

1. each socket has a phantom power indicator light

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Yes, but I don’t have easy access to that side of the MixRack. Even if I did, there’s not enough light over there to see the socket labels.

Personally, I’d have racked it up the other way around so that these things were both accessible and reasonably well lit, but that’s not my decision.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.