PFL question

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions PFL question

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Hey everyone hope you all well, I have a question about PFL routing. So I am currently building a cart that consists or 2 Shure AD4Q 4 channel RX, a SD Scorpio, and the SQ5. Now the way I have things currently routed through Dante is that the SQ5 is feeding the Scorpio with the recorder post fade. I want to be able to monitor off the record as for safety and to ensure everything is recorded properly. However, if the fader isn’t up there is nothing being sent to the recorder so you can’t PFL in to say, check a mic or speak privately with your boom operator. Is there a menu setting that I am missing to split the sends so my Mix LR is getting post fade and the other channels are getting a prefade send so that I could PFL when needed? Or if someone else has a better concept?

Appreciate your help,

-D

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

So you want to use PFL as a sort of intercom system that would include your voice, the main mix and a channel’s audio input that you want to monitor?

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

No, I want to be able to use the PFL toggles on the Scorpio to spot check/QC wires, or to speak privately with my boom op when on set if needed. To do that right now I would have to monitor off the SQ5 itself and I would rather be listening to the recorder to ensure it is recording properly.

Profile photo of TimmyP
    TimmyP
    Participant

Why even use the Scorpio?

Profile photo of ioTon
    ioTon
    Participant

Hi Dave,

So you Inputs enter the SQ, and via Direct-Out (post Fader) via Dante to Scorpio.
    Why to use the pfl of the Scorpio?

Use the Dante Out’s of the scorpio to send the ISO-Tracks to the SQ back!!
    So you get Rear-Band Control on the SQ.

If you use a secound layer for the Tracks comming from the Scorpio it should be a nice system, and you can use the PFL of the SQ to check the recording!

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

So you get Rear-Band Control on the SQ.

As far as I understand the block diagram of the Scorpio, there is no real rear-band listening.
    Even the solo system on the recorder is at the point where the data gets handed over to the writing engine and doesn’t read the written data.
    But it can output the data after all internal processing that can get recorded.

@dlaventure
    I’m not intirely sure what you are trying to achieve.
    Is your send to the recorder set to the channel direct out and is this fader dependent?
    And is your PAFL point set to AFL on the inputs?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.