Pafl2 setup

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ThisIsAnAudioAccount ThisIsAnAudioAccount 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VOLCANOJEFF
    VOLCANOJEFF
    Participant

So i have been staring at it an likely blind.

I am running a c3500 for foh controls. Using a touchscreen and Director on a computer for mixing live stream.
    the FOH is controlling 1-64 channels, the touscreen computer is acting as a second surface and controlling 65-128 for Live stream recording.

I would like to be able to use PFL2 for our livestream mix position. Route it out of a local output from the surface. PAFL2 works with our touch screen and feeds out of a local socket output to a headphone amplifiers for Our livestream engineer to use

Any help appreciated

Thanks
    Jeff Flowers

Profile photo of msteel
    msteel
    Participant

I haven’t done exactly what you’re asking about, but I know you will need to have added any additional PAFL busses to the mix engine at:
    Mix Rack -> Config -> Mixer Config.

Then the PAFL busses should appear for patching to wherever you need at the PAFL tab under:
    I/O -> Outputs

I don’t know director but I assume there is something similar to the surface setup to tell director which PAFL to use.

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

I found the following. It looks like the first answer from Nicola is using two surfaces, the next is using director. Hopefully that helps.

Dual independent pafl for FOH and monitor engineer.

Here’s where the option is for selecting control of a 2nd pafl bus in director (or another surface)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.