Dual independent pafl for FOH and monitor engineer.

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Dual independent pafl for FOH and monitor engineer.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Matt
    Matt
    Participant

Can anyone help me with a step by step guide in how to use two independent pafl bus foe FOH and monitor engineer for the dlive.

We are splitting the channels 1-64 for FOH and 65-128 for monitors.

I use the c3500 console for FOH and using touchscreen monitor for monitors.

My problem is how to configure such that the pafl for 1-64 channels will be specifically for the doh engineer without affecting the pafl bus for monitor

And the same for the pafl for 65-128 only for the monitor engineer independently..

If anyone can help me please do so.. Your help will be appreciated.

I need a step by step guide.. Thank you..

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Matt,
    Make sure you have at least 2 PAFL buses configured in the MixRack / Config / Mixer Config menu.
    On the C3500, go to Surface / Audio / PAFL and select PAFL Number 2. Any PAFL button on the C3500 will now control PAFL 2, and the C3500 headphone socket will output PAFL 2.
    On the dLive Director system running monitors, go to Surface / Audio / PAFL and select PAFL Number 1. Any PAFL button in Director will now control PAFL 1. The MixRack headphone always outputs PAFL 1. You can also patch PAFL busses to XLR outputs, for example to feed an IEM transmitter for the monitor engineer.
    Hope this helps.

Profile photo of Matt
    Matt
    Participant

Thank you so much nicola, it is such a simple thing.. Silly me😊😊.

Thank you for you help..

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I have a related question…
    Only the PAFL selected in the screen is used on a Surface? There is no different setting?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Yes each Surface / Director can only use one PAFL at a time, if I understood your question. But it’s quick and easy to change the PAFL number via the PAFL screen or via SoftKeys.
    The other option you have is to assign channels or mixes to either the IEM or Wedge faders. These have separate outputs you can patch, but they are fed from the same PAFL bus (PAFL 1).

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Can you explain more about how to to assign channels and mixes to use the IEM and Wedge faders separately and how that works with only 1 PAFL bus?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.