Option for 'AUX OUT' – “follow Main L/R fader”

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ feature suggestions Option for 'AUX OUT' – “follow Main L/R fader”

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Spyros Spyros 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mandel
    Mandel
    Participant

I’m using the ‘main outs’ for the tops and the ‘aux out’ for the sub, Because my speakers dont have a built in crossover, so I Set the EQ to act as a crossover. My problem is, when I want to raise or lower the overall volume, I need to do it 2 times, Once, at the main fader (for the tops) and the second time at the aux fader (for the sub). This is pretty disappointing, I haven’t expected this with the CQ18. Am I missing some Information on how to do it correctly? I read the manual, And played around a bit on the mixer to figure out a way to control Everything with one fader, but haven’t been able. I would suggest to add an option at the ‘Config’ screen > ‘Aux out’> (pre fader, post fader,) follow Main L/R fader, so when moving the main L/R fader it will also affect the aux outs. Unless there is any other solution, will be very thankful for any solution.
    Thank you.

Profile photo of willmodelisme
    willmodelisme
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Highflyer1953
    Highflyer1953
    Participant

The whole point of the Aux mixes is that they are totally independent of main LR! It is the same on all the A&H mixers!
    You would have just the same problem on Qu16. All other A&H mixers, from Qu24 upwards have groups and matrices, either of which would give you a solution to your problem.
    Many people are asking for groups and/or matrices to be added to CQ.

Profile photo of willmodelisme
    willmodelisme
    Participant

It is a feature present on my X32 and very useful.
    I believe that it could be implemented easily with the flexibility of FPGA.

Profile photo of ValiD422
    ValiD422
    Participant

I subscribe to this wish 🙂
    there are situations at conferences, where from the Aux, I send to another room and during the break if I look “up” it will send the sound even if the MASTER is down.

Profile photo of Mandel
    Mandel
    Participant

@highflyer1953 You’re %100 right, but now that we don’t have groups, at least, we should have an option like this.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

@mandel

On another post you were asking about how to properly gain stage if not using the ‘Gain Assistant’, but here you’re requesting groups. I think you need to walk before you can run, learn how to gain stage first before concerning yourself with groups etc! 🙂

Profile photo of Fal
    Fal
    Participant

@mandel
    The good old 01V96 and similar have “Fader-Groups” (not DCA!).
    If you move one fader of the group the other members follow this movement relatively.
    I think this is what you need and would be very helpful (not only for CQ).
    +1

Profile photo of dries
    dries
    Participant

+1 🙏

Profile photo of shuckc
    shuckc
    Participant

Great idea. It would be ideal for ‘subs on aux’ mixing. I can use each input channel post-fader, have the sends all at unity, then need to have the aux output follow Main L&R volume to finish the setup. Far simpler than fader groups, channel groups or DCA etc.

Profile photo of Spyros
    Spyros
    Participant

+1

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.