OK to have both XLR and 1/4" inputs wired up?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions OK to have both XLR and 1/4" inputs wired up?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of LesWilson LesWilson 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of LesWilson
    LesWilson
    Participant

We have various users with their own scenes so that each can hookup their equipment the way they want and their EQ and chappel settings, mixes etc don’t impact others.

Is it OK to have both XLR and 1/4″ inputs wired up but a given user only patches (via QU) one or the other?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

The XLR and 1/4 inputs are not selectable, they are both connected to the input channel at the same time.

If you have a stage box then you could select between the stage box XLR input and the mixer 1/4 inch input using the input source patching menu, the patching is saved in the scene.

Profile photo of LesWilson
    LesWilson
    Participant

Got it. Thanks Mike. I’m pretty sure I’m the last one to convert to digital … not my last question tho. 🙂

I think I get maybe how it works … Looks like the GL2800 mic/line selector was just a pad but the QU preamp just handles either. So the inputs are not selectable per se. The channel’s preamp setting from the scene just “selects” it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.