Non latching Mix Select option – with configuration

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Non latching Mix Select option – with configuration

This topic contains 18 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Soundave Soundave 1 year ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BRS
    BRS
    Participant

This came up on a facebook group.

A mistake which is common is to be in, say Mix 2 – making adjustments to someone’s foldback mix but not realise that you haven’t switched back to LR and then you start making adjustments (which of course make no difference to FOH) so you crank it and the bass player’s brain explodes!!

What was suggested was the option to set certain Aux mixes to not latch so that you can hold it with your right hand, make adjustments with your left and then when you release, you’re back on LR.

I’d like to complicate that a bit where you double press to latch it but single press does the above. Optional on any mix or send (including the FX ones and if you’re using any for groups).

Profile photo of Yann
    Yann
    Participant

+1 maybe like the talkback button where a long press is a press and hold function and a quick press is a toggle

Profile photo of BRS
    BRS
    Participant

That’d be perfect.

Profile photo of Rob T
    Rob T
    Participant

+1 for the short press to toggle / long press for momentary operation. As a bonus, that behaviour should be essentially transparent to current users, as the only change is the addition of the long-press functionality, so you probably don’t even need to add the configuration option (or it can be a global option)

Profile photo of TimmyP
    TimmyP
    Participant

I’d like that option.

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Maxdrums
    Maxdrums
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of alberto.irrera
    alberto.irrera
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Soundave
    Soundave
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

Gotta say. I was hoping this trap would have been fixed by now.

It seems like a simple enough request but I am guessing that there is some big and high roadblock to making this feature a reality. Sad.

D.

Profile photo of Nolan
    Nolan
    Participant

+1. I have not gotten tripped up by this, but it’d be more intuitive to make it latching/nonlatching just like the talkback.

Profile photo of SchuifRob
    SchuifRob
    Participant

+1 maybe like the talkback button where a long press is a press and hold function and a quick press is a toggle

Isn’t this already the behaviour of the talk button when “latch” is activated in the menu?

Regards,
    Rob

Profile photo of BRS
    BRS
    Participant

Yes it is – that would work nicely and be familiar.

Profile photo of Soundave
    Soundave
    Participant

++100 for this

Profile photo of Andy
    Andy
    Participant

+1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.