No sound

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting No sound

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Giga Giga 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MJPA Hire
    MJPA Hire
    Participant

It’s getting more frequent. Probably unrelated but since I installed the latest firmware to my QUPAC the unit won’t pass audio until it’s been rebooted several times.
    All indications are normal with the meters working as if all the audio routing is fine but with no audio at any of the physical outputs.
    Any suggestions?
    Many thanks

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Have you tried a full hard reset and then a firmware reinstall?

Profile photo of MJPA Hire
    MJPA Hire
    Participant

#Mike C
    Hard reset and firmware reinstall seems to have worked. Thanks.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Good to hear, I would still do some testing with it, letting it run while passing
    audio, some power cycling test.

Profile photo of Sven
    Sven
    Participant

One channel of my QU-32 (ch 13) produces signal to my DAW when recording but no monitoring. Zero sound in the monitors when I crank up the volume. I have tried and copied the channel settings of the adjacant channel, which works normally. Please help.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

One channel of my QU-32 (ch 13) produces signal to my DAW when recording but no monitoring. Zero sound in the monitors when I crank up the volume. I have tried and copied the channel settings of the adjacant channel, which works normally.

If you PFL ch.13 do you can you hear it in headphones?

Are you connecting to the main left right outputs?

Is it assigned to all outputs?

Can you get any output to any of the mixes using either pre or post fade sends?

Post a picture of the routing screen.

Profile photo of Sven
    Sven
    Participant

No, I can’t hear anything in headphones.
    Yes, connecting to LR mains but also a separate mix to another pair of monitors through Alt out.
    I am not sure what you mean by “assigned to all outputs”, but if I press assign, all the green lights are on.
    If I press the Pre Fade key, nothing happens. None of the Sel keys light up.

Firmware is 1.95 4561

Profile photo of Sven
    Sven
    Participant

No, I can’t hear anything in headphones.
    Yes, connecting to LR mains but also a separate mix to another pair of monitors through Alt out.
    I am not sure what you mean by “assigned to all outputs”, but if I press assign, all the green lights are on.
    If I press the Pre Fade key, nothing happens. None of the Sel keys light up.

Firmware is 1.95 4561

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

The attached picture shows that Ch13 is not assigned to mixes 1,2,3,4.
    and that the level to the main L R out is turned down.

What output mix is the ALT OUT assigned to?

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

^ That still doesn’t explain why there’s no PFL sound. How did you determine there’s signal coming in over USB Sven ?

Giga

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

No audio when PAFL’ing could be explained if Input AFL was switched On in the ‘Setup > Audio > PAFL’ screen and the main LR send was at -inf as shown in the picture.

Other things to check, if there was signal at the beginning of the channel but not at the end (the PAFL point), would be the insert point and gate.

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Sven
    Sven
    Participant

Mike C: The LR just happened to be turned down when I took the photo. I never use mixes 1-4. The ALT out is LR pre.
    Giga: I know I have signal because I see the green bars moving when there is sound in the mic. I also have been able to record in Cubase through this channel.
    Keith: AFL is switched off. I don’t understand what you mean by insert point and gate.

The weird thing is that most of my channels are set up in exactly the same way and work perfectly. It is just this one channel…

I am beginning to panic a bit now, I have a big job coming in and can’t afford having a non-functioning piece of kit. Should I place a more formal support ticket somewhere?

Thanks everyone for your help so far.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Have you tried a full hard reset and firmware re install.

Profile photo of Rafael A&H
    Rafael A&H

Hello @sven
    Please submit a ticket at our support centre and I’ll be happy to troubleshoot this with you.
    Here’s the link: https://www.allen-heath.com/support/

If possible, save and transfer your showfile and send it to me along with the message.

Thank you,
    Rafael

Profile photo of Sven
    Sven
    Participant

I have thought about it but I worry that my settings will get lost.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.