no library on demo mode?

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions no library on demo mode?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Headfirst7491 Headfirst7491 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Yvo
    Yvo
    Participant

I’ve got an 18T on (back)order and I’ve been trying out mixpad for iOS and MacOS but neither allows me to use the library function while in demo mode (not actually connected to a unit). There are no quick start options either.
    Is this a bug?
    I’d like to be able to explore all the functionality while I wait for the unit to arrive, but for the life of me I can’t figure out how.

Profile photo of croharp
    croharp
    Participant

No, you can’t use library in DEMO mode because is DEMO mode

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

You can’t load data from a device that you aren’t connected to…..
    You can’t save data to a device that you aren’t connected to…..

Profile photo of Yvo
    Yvo
    Participant

I understand all of that but it would be nice if we could actually explore the factory presets from demo mode.
    They are unpopulated in demo mode which means…. well I can’t actually demo much of the product.
    I’m not looking to save anything at this point, although it would be nice to be able to prepare sessions on a product that’s in backorder.
    I’m just trying to recall the FX presets, stock template sessions, simple channels etc.
    I can’t seem to be able to do any of that in demo mode, and that’s a little unhandy.
    It’s not a full demo of the GUI.
    I guess it’s not a true offline editor in any way either.
    That would be nice to have, I’m sure many would agree.

Profile photo of Headfirst7491
    Headfirst7491
    Participant

this makes for example demoing the app for someone that is evaluating the product impossible.
    also would be useful like soundcraft ui has to have the possibility to build scenes offline with the app when i have the mixer at home

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.