No input on channel till 45db gain applied

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive troubleshooting No input on channel till 45db gain applied

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Acidpreacher Acidpreacher 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Acidpreacher
    Acidpreacher
    Participant

Hi – been running a particular setup for years with no problems. This weekend I set up for one band and noticed no signal from one of the drum overhead mics.. tested mic and cable no issue. So when I got it home I had a look at the channel itself.

I found that there is no input signal registering until I hit exactly 45db of input gain. 44db nothing….

So I thought there might be a GATE being applied or something – but checked and nothing.

I loaded a default “untouched” setup to see if same problem and ran a noise signal down the channel of a known level. Again nothing until it hits 45db – at which point it registers a signal.

Anyone encountered this sort of behaviour before? Interestingly when running the noise tests, Ch4 also reported odd levels whereas 1,2, and 5 beyond all ok … plus bank B1-8 are fine….

Does it need to be serviced? If I backed up the show file and scenes would it be worth trying a hard reset (if indeed that is possible?).

Thanks for any ideas, Ric

http://www.u2covers.com

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Preamp needs to be replaced – kits are availabe for distributors and their service is able to do repair usually.

ddff

Profile photo of Acidpreacher
    Acidpreacher
    Participant

Thanks for that advice – I will contact my supplier.

Ric

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.