Newbie – connect ipad to qu-24 question

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Newbie – connect ipad to qu-24 question

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Scott Scott 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ellen
    Ellen
    Participant

So I am a pastor in a church that wants to facebook live. I don’t have an audio guru to help with this. I have the usb to c to lightning camera connection done, but know that I am missing something! There isnt any audio in the livestream. Do I have to get DAW software? What is the easiest way to get this working. Please be gentle. Last mixer I touched was analog.
    Thanks in advance,
    Ellen

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

What USB connection did you connect to on the mixer, the A connection on the top
    surface or the B connection on the back.

You would need to the use the B connection on the back.

Profile photo of Ellen
    Ellen
    Participant

It was the B on the back. Is there a setting I need to make the channels output to the back? Or mixer software on the ipad to transfer the input to facebook?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

In the set up menu under the IO set up tab in the USB set page
    you can select what channels are assigned to the track outputs, in you case you will be selecting the mix that you want to send audio to the live stream.

As to what tracks you need to use would depend on the software set up on the iPad.

Profile photo of Ellen
    Ellen
    Participant

Thanks Mike. I think I am missing a critical step. I want all channels output to usb which is connected to the ipad. Do i need special software set up on the ipad to pick tracks used by facebook live? And can you elaborate on specific steps to assign channels to usb? I really appreciate your help.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Generally you would want to use one of the stereo mix buses to send to the live stream. Patch that mix to channels 1(L) & 2(R) of the USB outputs. Most devices aren’t looking for 32 channels, so they only look at the first 2 for audio. As an alternative you can also assign the main L/R to channels 1 & 2 of the USB outputs. Doing it this way, it will follow whatever is coming out of your main speakers.

Using a mix is better since it gives you the ability to control the live stream separately from the main mix. Setting the mix bus to POST FADER on all channels, then starting with all faders at 0db in the stream mix will make a copy of the main mix. If something appears too loud in the stream, you can select that mix and turn down those specific sources slightly. They will still track the main mix, but be slightly lower in level in the stream. Doing this makes it easier on the sound tech since they don’t have to manage 2 entirely separate mixes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.